Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Maintenance
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users System Maintenance Post 35394 by Peterh on Thursday 10th of April 2003 12:21:33 PM
Old 04-10-2003
Just To add some thing,

We use "Big Brother" to monitor all our unix systems. It can check every above like Performance and shell scripts too. Great tool.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quiet System for Maintenance

I have backups that run in a cron @ midnight. Does the backup utility make sure that the system is quiet --(no users are logged on) or do I need to add some stuff to make sure nobody is accessing those file while they are being backed up. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michieka
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Board Maintenance

Just a remark now the board has grown to considerable proportion. I see too little of an active hand(s) maintaning the boards, clipping away dead posts, moving posts that were created in the wrong forums etc. It's a bit tiring to see alot of threads ending in: this has been covered before, do a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patvdv
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are core files and how can I delete them when am performing system maintenance??

Help me How can I go about doing this. also, if you have any idea of other files I can delete and what I can do to improve the performance of a system thats running too slow (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPORTANT
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Operation and Maintenance

I gurus of Solaris, I need to do a Procedure concerning in the Maintenance of Solaris Server. What are the parameters that I must be see Periodically in a Server. For example the space I (df -h) must be each week.- In this server exist a Database aplication (Oracle), and log's that increase or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
4 Replies

5. Solaris

svc:/system/filesystem/local is always in maintenance status

Hello Friends, I need to change network filesystem status as online but it always seems in maintenance mode, I appreciate your any suggestion to change its state as online. shell>svcadm enable svc:/system/filesystem/local shell>svcs -l svc:/system/filesystem/local fmri ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

maintenance script

Hi Guys i wonder if anyone can help. i want to create a script that checks multiple servers for disk space availible, cpu usage for past 24 hours. as well as check if all the hardware components are still doing their jobs. i will be doing this in the tcsh, can anyone help? OS = Sun Solaris 5.10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
2 Replies

7. Solaris

root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)

I have message "root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass)" after Solaris 10 boots up. Why it appears ? thx for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System maintenance weekly job and welcome message

Since a few weeks I am playing with debian and now I have 2 questions. The first one: I want to create weekly a file to all user directories. I know that you have a cronjob to schedule it weekly. In this cronjob I have written the following line: df >> /home/%users/diskspace.txt I've... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iceqube
1 Replies

9. Solaris

System booting to maintenance mode

Hi Guys, I have a sunblade 1500. I booted the system and it booted to maintenance mode. How can I fix this? Thanks lots (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 system boots into Maintenance mode

I have seen similar threads on this issue, but I have not seen a fix. Basically I am getting a lot of rcp bind errors. Below find the output of "svcs -xv". not sure where to begin: # svcs -xv svc:/network/rpc/bind:default (RPC bindings) State: maintenance since Fri May 25 14:13:18 2012... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
14 Replies
wsreg_set_type(3WSREG)				    Product Install Registry Library Functions				    wsreg_set_type(3WSREG)

NAME
wsreg_set_type, wsreg_get_type - set or get the type of a component SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file ... -lwsreg [ library ... ] #include <wsreg.h> int wsreg_set_type(Wsreg_component *comp, Wsreg_component_type type); Wsreg_component_type wsreg_get_type(const Wsreg_component *comp); DESCRIPTION
The wsreg_set_type() function sets the type specified by type in the component specified by comp. The wsreg_get_type() function retrieves the type from the component specified by comp. RETURN VALUES
The wsreg_set_type() function returns a non-zero value if the type is set successfully; otherwise 0 is returned. The wsreg_get_type() function returns the type currently set in the component specified by comp. USAGE
The component type is used to indicate whether a Wsreg_component structure represents a product, feature, or component. The type argument can be one of the following: WSREG_PRODUCT Indicates the Wsreg_component represents a product. A product is a collection of features and/or components. WSREG_FEATURE Indicates the Wsreg_component represents a feature. A feature is a collection of components. WSREG_COMPONENT Indicates the Wsreg_component represents a component. A component is a collection of files that may be installed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsreg_create_component(3WSREG), wsreg_initialize(3WSREG), wsreg_register(3WSREG), wsreg_set_instance(3WSREG), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Sep 2000 wsreg_set_type(3WSREG)