Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Different SUN Hardware in Cluster Post 3536 by witt on Thursday 5th of July 2001 01:39:55 AM
Old 07-05-2001
Question Different SUN Hardware in Cluster

Hi friends !

Does anyone know if I can work with one NETRA and one E450 in cluster ?

Thanks,
WittSmilie
witt

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

cluster on heterogeneous Hardware

Hi all , Just as simple question . can i run Sun cluster HA or Veritas HA on systems that have different hardware (heterogeneous ) of course same OS and patch level . for example : can a V400 and an E2900 be clustered HA using one of the above softwares . Thanks Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

SUN Cluster Vs Veritas Cluster

Dear All, Can anyone explain about Pros and Cons of SUN and Veritas Cluster ? Any comparison chart is highly appreciated. Regards, RAA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAA
4 Replies

3. Solaris

regarding sun solaris hardware

hi :), i am new to this forum and i am in need of some help. one of my friend i having a Sun Ultra 2 UPA/Sbus (UltraSPARC-II 296Mhz) 640 MB ram. i am not sure if that configuration will be helpful to try out some sysadmin commands. this machine has a 21-inch monster monitor, which i think... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
5 Replies

4. Solaris

SUN hardware specifications

Hello Guruz, I am just looking for all the h/w specifications of SUN solairs. It would be gr8 if its in the format of chart. Mainly i am looking for memory capacity and memory slots for all SUN servers in single sheet. Please let me know if some one know any details? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun hardware sizing

Hi, Never worked with Sun, but I have been presented to make a decision about Sun server hardware, since the application which we'll be running is not so popular and you guys might not have idea, for reference I can tell you our competitor is running same application (business volume 10 times... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun cluster and Veritas cluster question.

Yesterday my customer told me to expect a vcs upgrade to happen in the future. He also plans to stop using HDS and move to EMC. Am thinking how to migrate to sun cluster setup instead. My plan as follows leave the existing vcs intact as a fallback plan. Then install and build suncluster on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

7. Hardware

Sun T3-1 hardware RAID

Hi all I've just received my T3-1. It has 8 disks and I would like to configure RAID1 on the disks. The Sun documentation states that you can either use the OpenBoot PROMP utility called Fcode or you can use software via the Solaris OS. The documentation doesn't make it clear if: 1. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
6 Replies

8. Hardware

Where can I get support on old SUN hardware

Oracle has put all SUN hardware related downloads into Oracle Support which not free for an old SUN workstation user. Now I am looking for a new version BIOS for upgrade but nowhere to download. P.S. it is SUN java workstation w1100z I'd APPRECIATE any information if someone could give me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leland
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun cluster 4.0 - zone cluster failover doubt

Hello experts - I am planning to install a Sun cluster 4.0 zone cluster fail-over. few basic doubts. (1) Where should i install the cluster s/w binaries ?. ( global zone or the container zone where i am planning to install the zone fail-over) (2) Or should i perform the installation on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NVA
0 Replies
clinfo(1M)						  System Administration Commands						clinfo(1M)

NAME
clinfo - display cluster information SYNOPSIS
clinfo [-nh] DESCRIPTION
The clinfo command displays cluster configuration information about the node from which the command is executed. Without arguments, clinfo returns an exit status of 0 if the node is configured and booted as part of a cluster. Otherwise, clinfo returns an exit status of 1. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h Displays the highest node number allowed to be configured. This is different from the maximum number of nodes supported in a given cluster. The current highest configured node number can change immediately after the command returns since new nodes can be dynam- ically added to a running cluster. For example, clinfo -h might return 64, meaning that the highest number you can use to identify a node is 64. See the Sun Cluster 3.0 System Administration Guide for a description of utilities you can use to determine the number of nodes in a cluster. -n Prints the number of the node from which clinfo is executed. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. This is usually because the node is not configured or booted as part of a cluster. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 12 Mar 2002 clinfo(1M)