Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: monitoring network traffic
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers monitoring network traffic Post 35222 by Optimus_P on Wednesday 2nd of April 2003 11:25:04 AM
Old 04-02-2003
tcpdump and netstat is all that comes to mind

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How to capture network traffic

Hi, Can someone give me the clue on how to capture network traffic at gateway. Thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring network traffic using snoop

I want to monitor network traffic. For this purpose i use snoop command. But snoop command only show those packets which are broadcasted or those packets which recieved by host. But I want to examine whole network traffic. Please tell me how to use snoop for monitoring whole network traffic or if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
3 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

Network Traffic

Hi all, Got a strange one here, well not so much strange, different :-) I need to work out if a server is particulary chatty, whether its talking / communicating heavily to a particular server, as Im planning to physically move the server to a different server, over a link. Hence the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIC card monitoring traffic question

Folks; I have 2 NIC cards on my SUSE Linux server. One of them was reporting receive errors for a while now it's OK, but i'd like to monitor it. Is there any command i can run to tell me the usage in the past or give me a history of traffic and the speed that going on this specific card? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Monitoring network traffic on wireless router

Hi all, How can I monitor packet traffic on my wireless router? Some info - my wireless router is netgear wgr614 - everyone can connect it i.e. no password required - I would like to see where they connect, how they are using the internet connection I installed wireshark and captured... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Monitoring traffic in the network

I Colleagues, Somebody can say me how to monitoring traffic in the network. also I am interested in monitoring memory. if somebody to know a guide with command advanced in unix welcome for me. Thank you for adcanced. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Traffic Monitoring Script

Hello All, I have written a script to check for http error code 500 in the logs. here is the code #!/bin/bash ######################################################################################################### # Shellscript : trafficchk.sh -Traffic Monitoring # Version ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
3 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

How do I know what traffic is in network port?

If I would like to know what connection , data , traffic in a network port ( eth0 ) , what can I do ? ps. because I always found the network is very slow , so I would like what the network port is doing . Thanks Login ID ust3 is currently in read-only mode for multiple infractions. Creating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust03
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to throttle network traffic?

Hi All I am resilience testing an application that is spread across multiple servers. One thing I will need to do soon is throttle the network traffic for specific interfaces within the test cluster. Specifically, maybe make a connection take twice or three times as long to respond.... I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbq
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

I would like to monitor network traffic for a computer on my network

My son does homework on a school laptop. I was thinking about setting up a gateway on my home network, so that I can monitor web traffic and know if he is doing his homework without standing over his shoulder. Ideally I would like to use the Raspberry Pi Model b that I already have. However, I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
15 Replies
LWP::Debug(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     LWP::Debug(3)

NAME
LWP::Debug - deprecated DESCRIPTION
LWP::Debug used to provide tracing facilities, but these are not used by LWP any more. The code in this module is kept around (undocumented) so that 3rd party code that happen to use the old interfaces continue to run. One useful feature that LWP::Debug provided (in an imprecise and troublesome way) was network traffic monitoring. The following section provide some hints about recommened replacements. Network traffic monitoring The best way to monitor the network traffic that LWP generates is to use an external TCP monitoring program. The Wireshark program (<http://www.wireshark.org/>) is higly recommended for this. Another approach it to use a debugging HTTP proxy server and make LWP direct all its traffic via this one. Call "$ua->proxy" to set it up and then just use LWP as before. For less precise monitoring needs just setting up a few simple handlers might do. The following example sets up handlers to dump the request and response objects that pass through LWP: use LWP::UserAgent; $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new; $ua->default_header('Accept-Encoding' => scalar HTTP::Message::decodable()); $ua->add_handler("request_send", sub { shift->dump; return }); $ua->add_handler("response_done", sub { shift->dump; return }); $ua->get("http://www.example.com"); SEE ALSO
LWP::UserAgent perl v5.18.2 2012-01-13 LWP::Debug(3)