Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix Post 3519 by Neo on Wednesday 4th of July 2001 12:40:14 PM
Old 07-04-2001
X MOTIF and similar graphical libs are one place to get these type of widgets.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

users logging on to unix boxes

I have been asked to write a unix script to log and report all users logging on to our unix boxes as either the root or oracle users only on a 24 hour basis. This should trap the logon and logoff time,if possible what they are doing and their username. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irehman
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quering unix boxes for attaced printers

Greetings All, I was wanting some info seeing i am a ms geek looking to go into UNIX if i want to query a UNIX box for info regarding printers, LPDs and such source how would i go about this !!!! All comments that would point me in the right direction would be most useful. Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seekerO
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What can I ignore when backing up UNIX boxes?

Hi All, Long question and possibly a very short answer.... At work we've just got a new 3rd party backup solution (Netvault by Bakbone -it's v. nice), and I'm currently setting up my UNIX clients as part of the backup schedule. It's just occurred to me that there may be certain files or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geralex
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files across 2 UNIX boxes

Is it possible to compare two files which reside on different UNIX boxes? (I'm using HP POSIX/Korn) :confused: Consider the scenario of a pre-production environment (box 1) and a production environment (box 2) I would like to check if some files on both boxes match or not. It's quite... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flattyre
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to direct-connect two UNIX boxes

Hello, I have a V880 and a 420 running Solaris 9. Each box has more than one NIC card. I'd like to know how to configure the network on the two boxes so that I can directly connect the NIC cards. Meaning, I don't want a switch or router between the two. I just want to run a CAT5 cable to each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: agcodba
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! Suggestions on what I can I use my 2 unix boxes for?

Once upon a looong time ago I used to work with Unix systems - SGI mainly. Now I've inherited 2 boxes - an SGI dual processor Octane and an Indigo2. For the past 2 years they've sat waiting for me to do something with them and never getting round to it. I run a windows network at home so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimmyChang
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dowe have other tools like Putty to connect UNIX boxes

New to UNIX, do we have only putty to work with UNIX boxes remotely ?????? any other tools.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
1 Replies

8. Solaris

how to config sudo in unix boxes

Hi How to configure sudo in all unix boxes. plz provide the step by step process. Regards Praveen (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

monitoring various things (mainly activity) on different unix boxes

Hi there, I want to ask you guys what you think about my problem. I work as a sysadmin on about 7000 workstations or so and to save money and energy, we've decided to switch off as many workstations as possible during the night (probably by shutting it down by cron and power it on by... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: albator1932
8 Replies

10. Web Development

How to get input text boxes populated / perl cgi?

Hi, I know how to populate a combo box or a drop down list box which I do as under : Query that gets the data for the drop down box : $qry = "select \"EmployeeID\" AS empid, \"FirstName\"::text || ' ' ||\"LastName\"::text as name from \"Employees\""; $qq =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrykhatri531
1 Replies
QRadioButton(3qt)														 QRadioButton(3qt)

NAME
QRadioButton - Radio button with a text or pixmap label SYNOPSIS
#include <qradiobutton.h> Inherits QButton. Public Members QRadioButton ( QWidget * parent, const char * name = 0 ) QRadioButton ( const QString & text, QWidget * parent, const char * name = 0 ) bool isChecked () const Public Slots virtual void setChecked ( bool check ) Important Inherited Members QString text () const virtual void setText ( const QString & ) const QPixmap * pixmap () const virtual void setPixmap ( const QPixmap & ) QKeySequence accel () const virtual void setAccel ( const QKeySequence & ) bool isToggleButton () const virtual void setDown ( bool ) bool isDown () const bool isOn () const ToggleState state () const bool autoRepeat () const virtual void setAutoRepeat ( bool ) bool isExclusiveToggle () const QButtonGroup * group () const void toggle () void pressed () void released () void clicked () void toggled ( bool on ) void stateChanged ( int state ) Properties bool autoMask - whether the radio button is automatically masked (read only) bool checked - whether the radio button is checked DESCRIPTION
The QRadioButton widget provides a radio button with a text or pixmap label. QRadioButton and QCheckBox are both option buttons. That is, they can be switched on (checked) or off (unchecked). The classes differ in how the choices for the user are restricted. Check boxes define "many of many" choices, whereas radio buttons provide a" one of many" choice. In a group of radio buttons only one radio button at a time can be checked; if the user selects another button, the previously selected button is switched off. The easiest way to implement a "one of many" choice is simply to put the radio buttons into QButtonGroup. Whenever a button is switched on or off it emits the signal toggled(). Connect to this signal if you want to trigger an action each time the button changes state. Otherwise, use isChecked() to see if a particular button is selected. Just like QPushButton, a radio button can display text or a pixmap. The text can be set in the constructor or with setText(); the pixmap is set with setPixmap(). [Image Omitted] [Image Omitted] See also QPushButton, QToolButton, GUI Design Handbook: Radio Button, and Basic Widgets. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QRadioButton::QRadioButton ( QWidget * parent, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a radio button with no text. The parent and name arguments are sent on to the QWidget constructor. QRadioButton::QRadioButton ( const QString & text, QWidget * parent, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a radio button with the text text. The parent and name arguments are sent on to the QWidget constructor. QKeySequence QButton::accel () const Returns the accelerator associated with the button. See the "accel" property for details. bool QButton::autoRepeat () const Returns TRUE if autoRepeat is enabled; otherwise returns FALSE. See the "autoRepeat" property for details. void QButton::clicked () [signal] This signal is emitted when the button is activated (i.e. first pressed down and then released when the mouse cursor is inside the button), when the accelerator key is typed or when animateClick() is called. This signal is not emitted if you call setDown(). The QButtonGroup::clicked() signal does the same job, if you want to connect several buttons to the same slot. See also pressed(), released(), toggled(), autoRepeat, and down. Examples: QButtonGroup * QButton::group () const Returns the group that this button belongs to. If the button is not a member of any QButtonGroup, this function returns 0. See also QButtonGroup. bool QRadioButton::isChecked () const Returns TRUE if the radio button is checked; otherwise returns FALSE. See the "checked" property for details. bool QButton::isDown () const Returns TRUE if the button is pressed; otherwise returns FALSE. See the "down" property for details. bool QButton::isExclusiveToggle () const Returns TRUE if the button is an exclusive toggle; otherwise returns FALSE. See the "exclusiveToggle" property for details. bool QButton::isOn () const Returns TRUE if the button is toggled; otherwise returns FALSE. See the "on" property for details. bool QButton::isToggleButton () const Returns TRUE if the button is a toggle button; otherwise returns FALSE. See the "toggleButton" property for details. const QPixmap * QButton::pixmap () const Returns the pixmap shown on the button. See the "pixmap" property for details. void QButton::pressed () [signal] This signal is emitted when the button is pressed down. See also released() and clicked(). Examples: void QButton::released () [signal] This signal is emitted when the button is released. See also pressed(), clicked(), and toggled(). void QButton::setAccel ( const QKeySequence & ) [virtual] Sets the accelerator associated with the button. See the "accel" property for details. void QButton::setAutoRepeat ( bool ) [virtual] Sets whether autoRepeat is enabled. See the "autoRepeat" property for details. void QRadioButton::setChecked ( bool check ) [virtual slot] Sets whether the radio button is checked to check. See the "checked" property for details. void QButton::setDown ( bool ) [virtual] Sets whether the button is pressed. See the "down" property for details. void QButton::setPixmap ( const QPixmap & ) [virtual] Sets the pixmap shown on the button. See the "pixmap" property for details. void QButton::setText ( const QString & ) [virtual] Sets the text shown on the button. See the "text" property for details. ToggleState QButton::state () const Returns the state of the toggle button. See the "toggleState" property for details. void QButton::stateChanged ( int state ) [signal] This signal is emitted whenever a toggle button changes state. state is On if the button is on, NoChange if it is in the" no change" state or Off if the button is off. This may be the result of a user action, toggle() slot activation, setState(), or because setOn() was called. See also clicked() and QButton::ToggleState. QString QButton::text () const Returns the text shown on the button. See the "text" property for details. void QButton::toggle () [slot] Toggles the state of a toggle button. See also on, setOn(), toggled(), and toggleButton. void QButton::toggled ( bool on ) [signal] This signal is emitted whenever a toggle button changes status. on is TRUE if the button is on, or FALSE if the button is off. This may be the result of a user action, toggle() slot activation, or because setOn() was called. See also clicked(). Example: listbox/listbox.cpp. Property Documentation QKeySequence accel This property holds the accelerator associated with the button. This property is 0 if there is no accelerator set. If you set this property to 0 then any current accelerator is removed. Set this property's value with setAccel() and get this property's value with accel(). bool autoMask This property holds whether the radio button is automatically masked. See also QWidget::autoMask. bool autoRepeat This property holds whether autoRepeat is enabled. If autoRepeat is enabled then the clicked() signal is emitted at regular intervals if the button is down. This property has no effect on toggle buttons. autoRepeat is off by default. Set this property's value with setAutoRepeat() and get this property's value with autoRepeat(). bool checked This property holds whether the radio button is checked. This property will not effect any other radio buttons unless they have been placed in the same QButtonGroup. The default value is FALSE (unchecked). Set this property's value with setChecked() and get this property's value with isChecked(). QPixmap pixmap This property holds the pixmap shown on the button. If the pixmap is monochrome (i.e. it is a QBitmap or its depth is 1) and it does not have a mask, this property will set the pixmap to be its own mask. The purpose of this is to draw transparent bitmaps which are important for toggle buttons, for example. pixmap() returns 0 if no pixmap was set. Set this property's value with setPixmap() and get this property's value with pixmap(). QString text This property holds the text shown on the button. This property will return a QString::null if the button has no text. If the text has an ampersand (&) in it, then an accelerator is automatically created for it using the character that follows the '&' as the accelerator key. There is no default text. Set this property's value with setText() and get this property's value with text(). SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qradiobutton.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qradiobutton.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QRadioButton(3qt)