Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell loading
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers shell loading Post 3511 by htsubamoto on Wednesday 4th of July 2001 10:08:06 AM
Old 07-04-2001
In solaris systems you can issue "passwd -e ". Then you will be asked about your new shell. This command tests the existence of the new shell. I'm not shure if you can use it if you're not root

HTT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for Data loading in Oracle

Hi All I am new to unix. I need a shell script to load a datafile in to oracle. I already have a control file, and data file. all I need is if i execute the shell it must load the data using the ctl file to table. Control file : PAY0001.ctl Datafile : mon_grs_det.dat log file :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghuraja_r
3 Replies

2. SuSE

Error when loading

Hi all, I'm trying to install Open SUSE and after the installation it will not boot. At first I thought it could be something wrong with the setup so I re-installed. Then it would still fail on the boot. When trying to boot in safe mode these are the last few lines just before it just sits... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function loading in a shell scripting like class loading in java

Like class loader in java, can we make a function loader in shell script, for this can someone throw some light on how internally bash runs a shell script , what happenes in runtime ... thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpsc_sela
1 Replies

4. AIX

loading subsets

In aix 5.2, we are trying to update with the latest subsets for "bos.adt.debug package". the subset version we have is 33 and the latest available is 95. Would like to know whether i need to load all the versions from 34 to 95 or can i load the latest version directly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

background image not loading in newly thrown html page by shell script

I m trying to throw back html page when a file is found.While throwing back html page, the background image is not coming. I am using Apache server.Please suggest how to resolve... #!/bin/ksh echo -e "Content-type: text/html\n\n" echo "<html><head></head><body background=\"/asc/ppp.jpg\">"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loading a tar file into the shell script

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script in which the contents of a small tar file is loaded into a variable and the same variable contents is moved into another file and finally untaring of the newly created file is done. The Shell Script is as follows: #----Start Of The... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wini008
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loading data in oracle using shell scripts

Hi , I have a scenario, i have a directory where i receive around 14-15 files at a interval of 20-40 min not fixed, i want to write a unix scripts which invoke sqlldr command to load files into oracle automatically as soon as the file hit the directory. Any help will be appreciated. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XDOLoad.sh Korn shell errors out while loading

Hi All, O/S :AIX 6.1 64 bits The following shell script errors out while loading: cat XDOLoad.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh %s_contextfile% %s_adjvaprg% oracle.apps.xdo.oa.util.XDOLoader UPLOAD -DB_USERNAME %s_apps_user% -DB_PASSWORD ${1} -JDBC_CONNECTION... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk array when loading from shell variable

Hi, I have a problem with awk array when iam trying to use awk in solaris box as below..Iam unable to figure out the problem.. Need your help. is there any alternative to make it in arrays from variable values nawk 'BEGIN {SUBSEP=" "; split("101880|110045 101887|110045 101896|110045... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When loading Linux "loading please wait.." then nothing?

Hi everyone, I have a problem but I have never installed a separate OS before so my lingo and understanding may not be as good as some of you. I will try and explain my problem best I can. I am trying to instead of loading Windows 7 when my computer starts up, for it to start linux specifically... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markhow30
2 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)