Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming UNIX Internals, Help required... Post 3509 by htsubamoto on Wednesday 4th of July 2001 10:01:40 AM
Old 07-04-2001
take a look at docs.sun.com. There are many documents in PDF format available for download about Solaris Systems (Unix) and can give you a lot of knoledge about Unix internals an IPC.

HTT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. New to Unix. Which books should I read?

UniX internals Material

Hi! I have 1.5 years experience in unix environment and shell scripting. Now, I started learning UNIX internals and network programming. Can you please help in finding the same material on the net Thanks Srinivas. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivaskathika
7 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

on unix internals

will anybody tell me how can i access all the fields of process table .if there is any structure and a system call please specify . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vish_shan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX PATH info required PLEASE HELP (I'm new to unix)

I need to know how to enter a unix path in a cgi script for a guest book: example: My URL is http://www.kitachi.info I have an html file in the main folder on my site, the file is called : gbook.html what would the correct unix path for this file be ??? the part of the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akitachi
1 Replies

4. Solaris

unix command required.

I need to get a few details from the command line. I need to get the kilobytes per second that my server is transfering to another or has available and I need to test the connection to make sure that its a sound connection. I also need to keep track of the response time. I have been playing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nowayin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Required in Unix Command

Hi All, Can anyone please help me in unix command Query: ==== File contains data along with date and time stamp like, .. Date: 08:23:2005 01:00:00 method: xyz init variables Date 08:23:2005 01:00:01 method: xyz finished init variable .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thaduka
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help required regarding Unix Signal

It is required to trap the signal send to a daemon process before rebooting a unix server. Suppose a script abc.ksh is running in the server as daemon. Before rebooting the server, the unix admin kills all the daemon processes. It is not known to me how admin kills the processes; I mean by which... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_bijitesh
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Required unix command!!!

Hi, In a file I have data like... -rw-r----- 1 ftpuser users 1036695 Jul 6 14:59 ./APRIL 2007/Ujjain/My Disc (D)/9565DW07.04B -rw-r----- 1 ftpuser users 124080 Jul 6 14:59 ./APRIL 2007/Vadodara/vad_APRIL07/2082DW07.04B The above data is extracted using "find . -name... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix mail command internals

Hi all , I wanted to know how does a 'mail' command works in unix. Does it use an smtp server internally ? How and where it is configured then ? I am trying to google out the same , but not getting much help. Any suggestions with be of great help. - Andy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anindyabecs
5 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

How to switch from SVR4/BSD internals to Linux internals?

Hello, Long-time Unix hacker here - I've worked on four variants of the kernel prior to the introduction of Linux. In my spare time, I've written Linux (Ubuntu) device drivers, kernel modules, cross-compiled, and built the kernel. I'd like to do Linux internals/device drivers as a day job,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OriginalVersion
1 Replies
answerbook2_admin(1M)					  System Administration Commands				     answerbook2_admin(1M)

NAME
answerbook2_admin - bring up AnswerBook2 administration tool GUI SYNOPSIS
/usr/dt/bin/answerbook2_admin [-h] DESCRIPTION
The AnswerBook2 server product is no longer included with Solaris or the Solaris Documentation CD products. Solaris docmentation is now provided in HTML and PDF format on the Documentation CD and does not require the Answerbook2 server to be viewed. answerbook2_admin brings up the default web browser showing the administration interface for the local AnswerBook2 server. The administration functionality is also accessible through the AnswerBook2 Admin option within the System_Admin subset of the Application Manager function on the CDE front panel Applications menu. If you need an AnswerBook2 server, you can download the AnswerBook2 server software from http://www.sun.com. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -h Displays a usage statement. USAGE
At startup time, answerbook2_admin starts up the default web browser (for example, Mozilla) and displays the URL specified for administer- ing the local AnswerBook2 server (http://localhost:8888). If the user has set up administration access control, the web browser prompts for a valid administrator login and password for this document server before displaying the administration tool. FILES
/usr/lib/ab2/dweb/data/config/admin_passwd File containing username:password ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |http://www.sun.com | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
Once there is an open web browser and access to the AnswerBook2 Administration tool, use its online Help system to find out more about administering the AnswerBook2 server. SunOS 5.10 29 Oct 2004 answerbook2_admin(1M)