Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nslookup on linux ???
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers nslookup on linux ??? Post 34903 by oombera on Thursday 20th of March 2003 03:44:11 PM
Old 03-20-2003
As far as i know, it does.. maybe this link can help?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

named and nslookup

Guys , Am using Linux - Red Hat 6.1 . My DNS and nslookup command was working fine and ppl. can resolve through this server . but i changed something in /etc/named.conf , that stopped the DNS . The named proccess is working , but nslookup command is not , i get this error message : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

strange situation with nslookup on Linux

Hey, I have a problem with nslookup under the newly installed mandrake 9.1, and as I see now also under Redhat 8.0 I have a pc called evo with the ip 10.0.0.1 which entered correctly in the /etc/hosts file. Connection to the internet is via an adsl-router. I have the nameservers from my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nslookup problem

I am having trouble configuring BIND 8.3 on Solaris 9. When I run nslookup, I get this error/message: test# nslookup *** Can't find server name for address 192.168.1.31: Non-existent host/domain *** Default servers are not available I double checked everything and I can't figure this out. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

nslookup for Unix

I am connecting from windows via Putty to some other Unix server. How can I display my current windows MachineName/NTID in putty? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup output

Hi All, If I give the hostname followed by nslookup, I get the output like below, commandprompt>nslookup efgh Using /etc/hosts on: xyz looking up FILES Trying DNS Non-authoritative answer: Name: abcd Address: 47.47.47.47 Aliases: efgh I am not sure on the bolded ones. Can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajakct84
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Further nslookup options if any !!

Hi , I have a requirement to find the aliases by doing an nslookup on the Cname. If i do an nslookup on the alias name i get the Cname , but i need the cname from alias name. eg: Hostname = acb.example.com Virtual name= abcvirtual.example.com nslookup abcvirtual.example.com will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpics66
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup: am I doing it right?

Hi guys, I'm back to get some help again :) I have a file that has a list of IP addresses, and I use nslookup in my script to resolve hostnames of those IPs. the problem I'm facing is that I not all the hostnames got resolved! and I don't know why. sometimes the same duplicate IP returns a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdulelah
8 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Nslookup!!! Please look up!!!

Hi all Nslookup command returns!!!! Code: nslookup 10.91.44.29 Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 29.44.91.in-addr.arpa name = station1.example.com Code: nslookup station1.example.com Server: 127.0.0.1 Address: 127.0.0.1#53 Name: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

nslookup hanging

Hey folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm a bit of a newbie at "coding" (obviously, scripting is a teensy bit different than coding) and I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to get around. I'm going through a list of servers to check their name, IP, reverse-NSLOOKUP name and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bearwhale
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk nslookup

Hi, I have a rather simple awk statement to perform an nslookup on a file (list of IPs). If the lookup yields a result, then it sends it to a file. If no result, there is no output. I've been trying to use !NR or !NF with an if statement to make the output state "NA" if there is no result,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umang2382
5 Replies
OUTPUT_ADD_REWRITE_VAR(3)						 1						 OUTPUT_ADD_REWRITE_VAR(3)

output_add_rewrite_var - Add URL rewriter values

SYNOPSIS
bool output_add_rewrite_var (string $name, string $value) DESCRIPTION
This function adds another name/value pair to the URL rewrite mechanism. The name and value will be added to URLs (as GET parameter) and forms (as hidden input fields) the same way as the session ID when transparent URL rewriting is enabled with session.use_trans_sid. Please note that absolute URLs (http://example.com/..) aren't rewritten. This function's behavior is controlled by the url_rewriter.tags php.ini parameter. Note Calling this function will implicitly start output buffering if it is not active already. PARAMETERS
o $name - The variable name. o $value - The variable value. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 output_add_rewrite_var(3) example <?php output_add_rewrite_var('var', 'value'); // some links echo '<a href="file.php">link</a> <a href="http://example.com">link2</a>'; // a form echo '<form action="script.php" method="post"> <input type="text" name="var2" /> </form>'; print_r(ob_list_handlers()); ?> The above example will output: <a href="file.php?var=value">link</a> <a href="http://example.com">link2</a> <form action="script.php" method="post"> <input type="hidden" name="var" value="value" /> <input type="text" name="var2" /> </form> Array ( [0] => URL-Rewriter ) SEE ALSO
output_reset_rewrite_vars(3), ob_flush(3), ob_list_handlers(3). PHP Documentation Group OUTPUT_ADD_REWRITE_VAR(3)