Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers aix mksysb , hpux make_recovery sun? Post 34766 by yls177 on Monday 10th of March 2003 09:04:38 PM
Old 03-10-2003
from sa, it says "Your best bet is to mirror your root disk so that you get continuous operation even with one disk failure", but over some time, the data will changed, and so how do we ensure that the mirror is updated?
yls177

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX + backup or mksysb (yes i did a search)

Whats up guys. I dont ask many questions but this time i need a quick one answerd. NOS: AIX 4.3.3 and 4.3.2 BOX: RS/6000 F50 i have 12 pv's (mirrored) and 2 vg's and i want them both backed up @ once on one tape drive so i can do it via cron. I have looked at mksysb and backup. my main... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
5 Replies

2. AIX

AiX mksysb

Hello out there!!! I've searched the db but found none, any idea will sure help... I have 2 RS6Ks with AiX 4.3.3, one have tape drive but not the other... The idea is: How can i create a mksysb tape of the aix box which don't have any tape drive ? i.e how do i write back 'some mksysb... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

HPUX make_recovery

I'm attempting to do a make_recovery on my HPUX box. My question revolves around the number of device files I have for my tape drive and what each one is intending for and which I should use. Some examples of my devices include 1m, 1mb, 1mnb, 2m, 2mb, 2mn, 2mnb, C1t0d0best, C1t0d0dds, &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 4.3 mksysb tape incomplete

anybody knows how to recover from a tape in AIX 4.3 from a IBM rs6000 170 system backup done only 97% ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jupiter8
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Going from HPUX to SUN help

I was surprised to find that the 'bdf' command I used regularly in HPUX is not available on the SUN box I am working on now What can I use to get the same or similar results? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boppr6470
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to automate mksysb via nim in AIX 5.3

#!/bin/ksh # # nim_mksysb # get mksysb from each client machine specified with -m. If no # machines specified, get mksysb from ALL machines. -r flag says # remove oldest existing mksysb for the machines being backed up. # use -n no_make flag with -r to remove a generation of mksysb, #... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: barkath
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5L nim mksysb command

Hi All, Please excuse the possibly naive question but I'm trying to clone/install a new AIX 5.3 LPAR on a p570 from a mksysb image file using nim. Has anyone done this before and if so, what would the exact command look like? Does it even remotely resemble something like nim -o... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: combustables
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Which company's hardware is more stable, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & Sun (Solaris)

Hi guru I want to know which company's hardware is more stable means in term of H/W faults or replacement, in case of IBM (AIX), HP (HPUX) & SUN MICROSYSTEM (Solaris) & which order also, if we go through more stable to less stable system. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

9. AIX

aix installation from mksysb tape

Hello, I am trying to install a server from a mksysb made on an other server but whit his proper image.data and bosinst.data, but after selecting boot from DLT tape and starting installation in normal mode with default setting, I get this error message : error / warning there is no disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 7.2 MKSYSB Backup and Restore Best Practices?

Hello, Running AIX 7.2 on Power9 bare-metal (no LPAR and no NIM server), in the process of creating a guide on MKSYSB process. I understand that MKSYSB is a backup of the rootvg and we can exclude stuff via exclude.rootvg file, the rest of the data volumes are mapped to the system as LUNs via... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
7 Replies
NMSMMP2DLF.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					  NMSMMP2DLF.IN(1)

NAME
nmsmmp2dlf - convert Netscape Messaging Server MMP log files to the Lire msgstore DLF SYNOPSIS
nmsmmp2dlf DESCRIPTION
This program reads Netscape Messaging Server Mail Multi Plexor log files generated by the IMAP or POP services on STDIN, and prints the corresponding Lire msgstore DLF to STDOUT. It supports the following fields of the message store schema: time, localserver, client_ip, user, session, protocol, prot_cmd and status. EXAMPLES
To process a log as produced by Netscape Messaging Server: $ nmsmmp2dlf < ns-smmp.log nmsmmp2dlf will be rarely used on its own, but is more likely called by lr_log2report: $ lr_log2report nmsmmp < /var/log/ns-smmp.log > report VERSION
$Id: nmsmmp2dlf.in,v 1.10 2006/07/23 13:16:35 vanbaal Exp $ AUTHORS
Arnaud Taddei <Arnaud.Taddei@sun.com>, Arnaud Gaillard <Arnaud.Gaillard@orange.ch>, Elie Dufraiche <Elie.Dufraiche@sun.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Arnaud Taddei <Arnaud.Taddei@sun.com>, Arnaud Gaillard <Arnaud.Gaillard@orange.ch>, Elie Dufraiche <Elie.Dufraiche@sun.com> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 NMSMMP2DLF.IN(1)