Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scheduler in Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Scheduler in Solaris Post 3466 by Andy Hibbins on Tuesday 3rd of July 2001 06:23:20 AM
Old 07-03-2001
Hi,

Have you tried the "at" and "cron" programs?

"At" is useful for one off commands and "cron" is mainly for jobs that need repeating on a regular basis.

Here is a link for an article about cron:

http://www.elementkjournals.com/sun/9810/sun98a1.htm

Andy Hibbins Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

About Control-M Scheduler

Hi all, Is anybody have any idea on Control-M schedular(bmcsoftware product) on Solaris/UNIX environment.If yes,can you please help me how to set it up and schedule a job. Please!!! it's Urgent!!! Regards, Uday (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday123
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help... LP scheduler problem...

My HPUX server can't accept all lp jobs for all my printers... I pinged the print servers and they are fine, ran lpstat -r and shows me that the scheduler is running, lpstat -t shows nothing and won't get back to # unless i terminate it, lpstat -a shows all printers fine, but in SAM it failed to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amao
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job scheduler without using cron

Hi, I want to schedule the scripts/batches to run simultaneously. I had all the information in the config (flat)file, which contains script name, time, dependency, path, priority and status etc., I want to run the jobs parellelly and some jobs are required to give the input. How can I do this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Firewall Policy Scheduler.

Hi All. can anybody help me out in knowing the technical details of Firewall Policy Scheduler :confused: Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokmeti
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scheduler program

Hi, what i need to do is build my own scheduler program. I am supposed to display my own prompt. at this prompt i accept a command in the following format. ls -l start 0:0:10:10 period 10 end 0:0:0:10 now this command should be executed in the background starting at 10 mins and 10 secs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_aishwarya
2 Replies

6. Solaris

CRON Scheduler

I have akorn shell job that I can run manually but when I run via cron it starts and finishes, but does not do what it does when I run it manually. Any ideals on why this is happening? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAGIRL
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux scheduler....

HI could you comment on my small doubts below 1. which type of sheduler is used inb linux?? is it round robin or multi queue priority based round robin ??? 2. Which process has the PID 0 ?? if it is sheduler process then how to convinience myself?? i mean how to see on the system...?? is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_b025
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scheduler Script

Hi, My requirement is i want to send mails from server to all my employess with one attachment file for every monday and friday like scheduler.. how it is possible through bash script. please guide me.. With Regards Anish Kumar.V (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

task scheduler for linux

Hello i am looking for good and popular application run on linux OS as centos to give same function as crontab i am seeking task scheduler with web portal and logs and so on i preferred good tool freeware. thanks for help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)