Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Disk mirroring under RedHat 8 Post 34488 by LivinFree on Monday 24th of February 2003 01:26:58 PM
Old 02-24-2003
I'm not sure how comprehensive the list is, but Redhat does keep a known hardware compatability list. Check here to see if your hardware is listed...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is disk mirroring in unix?

Can anyone give some answers on what is disk mirroring in Unix? It may be related to unix online backup. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk Mirroring?? have any idea???

After reading some books, I came across this idea of having a duplicate of your current hard drive on another second hard drive so that if the first hard drive happens to crash, the system can be up and running in quickly now, is there anybody in here who uses this method at work?? If there is,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPORTANT
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk mirroring

Good Morning :) I have a new challenge to solve, I am going to write a new backup disk mirroring script. The current one, whcih is useing 'dd' caused some stalled systems :( Currently I am in the phase of experimenting with different methods, I was thinking about dump/restore afio/cpio or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcom
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Disk mirroring

Hi I have two raw disk that I want to mirror and then create soft partition on that. Could someone please help in the steps required c0t1d0 c0t0d0 Thanks Ajwat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajwat
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Help !! disk Mirroring

Hi I have a Sunfire X4100 box with a 4 disk Chassis (although I only have 2 disks in it). I have been asked to add two more disks into the chassis so that I can mirror the original two using SVM .....Ive read through a couple of SVM docs but am finding it a little confusing, and if any of you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mirroring Disk Geometry

How can one mirror disk geometry from one hard disk to another in Solaris. Is disk snapshot same as a mirror? Pls explain. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lexusujx
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 Disk Mirroring

Has anyone managed to set up disk mirroring in Solaris 10 yet? If so can you point me in the direction of some useful documentation please. Cheers (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: korfnz
25 Replies

8. Solaris

Disk Mirroring on solaris 5.8

Hi Friends, I am having Sun Solaris 5.8 OS installed having 2 different size hard disk, sizes are c0t0d0s0(160 GB) and c0t2d0s0 (40GB). I have installed Sun Solaris 5.8 OS in c0t0d0s0 (160GB) harddisk. I have configured all the parameters required for disk mirroring. But when executing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijayakumarpc
4 Replies

9. Solaris

disk mirroring

hi every body I'm new to solaris and I need your help in how to configure disk mirroring for 4 hard disks so that two of them will be replica to the other two ...??? Thanxx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Disk Mirroring

Hi, How to identify whether the disk is being mirrored or not in RHEL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies
GET-OUI(1)						      General Commands Manual							GET-OUI(1)

NAME
get-oui - Fetch the arp-scan OUI file from the IEEE website SYNOPSIS
get-oui [options] DESCRIPTION
get-oui fetches the Ethernet OUI file from the IEEE website, and saves it in the format used by arp-scan. The OUI file contains all of the OUIs (Organizationally Unique Identifiers) that have been registered with IEEE. Each OUI entry in the file specifies the first 24-bits of the 48-bit Ethernet hardware address, leaving the remaining 24-bits for use by the registering organi- sation. For example the OUI entry "080020", registered to Sun Microsystems, applies to any Ethernet hardware address from 08:00:20:00:00:00 to 08:00:20:ff:ff:ff inclusive. Each OUI assignment represents a total of 2^24 (16,777,216) Ethernet addresses. Every major Ethernet hardware vendor registers an OUI for their equipment, and larger vendors will need to register more than one. For example, 3Com have a total of 37 OUI entries. Organisations that only produce a small number of Ethernet devices will often obtain an IAB registration instead. See get-iab(1) for details. This script can be used to update the arp-scan OUI file from the latest data on the IEEE website. Most of the Ethernet addresses in use belong to an OUI registration, so this is the most important of the files that arp-scan uses to decode Ethernet hardware addresses. You should therefore run get-oui occasionally to keep the arp-scan OUI file up to date. The OUI data is fetched from the URL http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt and the output file is saved to the file ieee-oui.txt in the current directory. The URL to fetch the data from can be changed with the -u option, and the output file name can be changed with the -f option. The ieee-oui.txt file that is produced by this script is used by arp-scan to determine the Ethernet card vendor from its hardware address. The directory that arp-scan will look for the ieee-oui.txt file depends on the options used when it was built. If it was built using the default options, then it will look in /usr/local/share/arp-scan. OPTIONS
-h Display a brief usage message and exit. -f <fn> Write the output to the specified file instead of the default ieee-oui.txt. -u <URL> Use the specified URL to fetch the raw OUI data from instead of the default http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt. -v Display verbose progress messages. FILES
ieee-oui.txt The default output file. EXAMPLES
$ get-oui -v Renaming ieee-oui.txt to ieee-oui.txt.bak Fetching OUI data from http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt Fetched 1467278 bytes Opening output file ieee-oui.txt 9274 OUI entries written to file ieee-oui.txt NOTES
get-oui is implemented in Perl, so you need to have the Perl interpreter installed on your system to use it. get-oui uses the LWP::Simple Perl module to fetch the data from the IEEE website. You must have this module installed on your system for it to work. This module is available on most distributions, often called libwww-perl. It is also available in source form from CPAN. You can use a proxy server by defining the http_proxy environment variable. AUTHOR
Roy Hills <Roy.Hills@nta-monitor.com> SEE ALSO
arp-scan(1) get-iab(1) arp-fingerprint(1) http://www.nta-monitor.com/wiki/ The arp-scan wiki page. March 30, 2007 GET-OUI(1)