Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems installing Solaris 2.6 on E4500 Post 3444 by 98_1LE on Monday 2nd of July 2001 12:32:34 PM
Old 07-02-2001
I am using the 5/98 Solaris 2.6 Server media kit, which I beleive to be the newest, but maybe not.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems about installing Solaris 8 on PC

1. OSes coexistence can i install solaris 8 on my pc's 3th primary harddisk partition without damage the user and boot datas of installed operation system? and does i have to install Solaris 8 within several G(such as 8G) size of the harddisk? the following is partition table of my harddisk: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samprax
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing perl5

Hi!! I have problems installing perl5 in a Tru64 4.0F enviroment, and i need it to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH to establis a SFTP... I'm installing perl 5.8.8 but an error occurr during make test, i ran ./perl harness and the result is the problem is on op/filetest.t I didn't know what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Problems Installing Top

I've been trying to install Top on our Solaris box but it's giving me some trouble. The uname -a command shows SunOS servername 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250 I downloaded Top form www.unixtop.com. On the initial install I got errors because I didn't have a C compiler installed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Problems de-installing NetConnect

I have run into a problem while attempting to de-install netconnect from a Sol8 box. We got an error during the un-install script when it tries to remove SUNWsrsrp. It can't find the srsuser. We have no idea what user was specified initially. I have tried to remove the package on its own, to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_am_homer
2 Replies

5. Solaris

E4500 Raid

I have a Sun E4500 with some disk attached. Right now, everything is RAID 0 (no mirroring, RAID 5, etc.). Each disk (all 33.6 G) have 1 slice on them. Is it possible to put in RAID 0 or RAID 5? How much data would we lose by doing this? Is it even possible? What software would I use? It is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Will re-installing the Solaris OS help when present OS has problems

Does re-installing the Solaris OS when the existing OS has problems solve the issue? Problem here I mean "FILE SYSTEM BAD" after a fsck and the machine is not rebooting. My doubt also includes the question whether all inodes etc in the hard disk of the Sun machine gets re-formatted when we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

problems installing mixmaster 3.0 to solaris 10

hello all, i'm having problems installing mixmaster 3.0 from this site SourceForge.net: Mixmaster. The file I downloaded is mixmaster-3.0.tar.gz. Consulting the readme file of the mixmaster 3.0 says that the libraries for the follwing should be installed - OpenSSL, zlib, pcre, ncurses. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lima
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Problems installing Solaris 10

I just built my new computer with a q6600 quad core, 4 gig ram, Nvidia vidoo card but when I try to install the latest Solaris 10 on it the keyboard is not being detected when the installation starts so I'm unable to go complete the installation. First I tried a USB keyboard and it didn't work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isomorphic
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java Problems

Hello, When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fob Upset
2 Replies

10. AIX

Installing SAMBA problems

I have created an LPAR and the next step is to get SAMBA installed, I have mounted our NIM server up and copied over the SAMBA binaries .bff files. How do i install these? i tried doing this through SMIT but had no luck..? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AIX OS 6.1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)