Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMTP Banner response sloowww
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SMTP Banner response sloowww Post 3428 by DLongan on Monday 2nd of July 2001 08:21:49 AM
Old 07-02-2001
Found the problem to be in the sendmail.cf configuration file.

The "Local Domain Name" section was incorrectly defined.

Thanks for all the help,

Don

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

banner with ftp

Does anyone know how to put a banner (like /etc/issue) for ftp, both wu-ftp and the Sun ftp that ships with Solaris 8? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet Banner

I need to put a telnet banner on AIX 4.3 and 5.1 servers, so the users can see a warning message before logging into the system. I know /etc/motd will give the message after the login. Basically what I am asking is how do I tell system to read the /etc/issue file on AIX?. Thank you, in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohd
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

short banner

how to add a (sb) short banner in printcap i need print a extraline my OS unix 5.0.5 :( Tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoMaGo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Banner command

Hey all, I want to use the banner/echo command to write messages on different console windows. I knew that before, but I completely forget how to do it ! I just remenber that /dev/pts/# is the number of the window. and it's useful. It would be great if someone knows how to solve my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxwell17
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Banner

How can I display a message to the crt whenever someone logs on? They do not see a unix prompt. I need to easily update this also. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beetlejuice
2 Replies

6. Linux

login banner

Hi, I have added in banner in both /etc/banner and /etc/issue.net one by one in Linux but the banner is not displaying while user type username and enter I have restarted the ssh service also Any idea why? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

banner command

can I use Banner command in Linux, if not, what is the similar command in linux then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

Hp-ux login banner

Hi, How do i create a login banner for hp-ux users. Is there somewhere i can get a step by step explanation? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding banner command

Iam a MCA student having some doubts about 1) different disk related commands 2) Banner command 3) Different file related commands 4) set eb (where it is used) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gururajbhat
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with banner.

is there a way to reduce the size of the banner? banner -w ? TIA (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: budz26
8 Replies
mconnect(1)							   User Commands						       mconnect(1)

NAME
mconnect - connect to SMTP mail server socket SYNOPSIS
mconnect [-p port] [-r] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
The mconnect utility opens a connection to the mail server on a given host, so that it can be tested independently of all other mail soft- ware. If no host is given, the connection is made to the local host. Servers expect to speak the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) on this connection. Exit by typing the quit command. Typing EOF sends an end of file to the server. An interrupt closes the connection immedi- ately and exits. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p port Specify the port number instead of the default SMTP port (number 25) as the next argument. -r "Raw" mode: disable the default line buffering and input handling. This produces an effect similar to telnet(1) to port number 25. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: hostname The name of a given host. USAGE
The mconnect command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf help file for SMTP commands ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
telnet(1), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), ip6(7P) Postel, Jonathan B., RFC 821, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, August 1982. SunOS 5.10 9 Nov 1999 mconnect(1)