Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Don't Know to Rebuild Linux Kernel(URGENT) Post 3407 by S.Vishwanath on Saturday 30th of June 2001 03:29:47 PM
Old 06-30-2001
Hi All,

Thanks a Lot for ur favour/efforts. I got it done. But any way have some problems, out side of installation. I'm working around that. Any way I was successfully able to install software offcourse by modifying the Kernel. Thanks for all ur suggesations. Finally Thanks a Lot.

I could Achieve this by simply running the make, in the /usr/src/linux folder & subsequently running related commands...

Again Heartfull Thanks

Vishwa (India, Bangalore).Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Don't hate me because I'm stupid...

Hi all, I don't know the first thing about Unix, but I would like to learn. I would like to know what the difference between Linux and Unix is, and where I can obtain a copy of either. Thanks :o (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThisIsNewToMe
8 Replies

2. Programming

a very simple question (but i don't know)

how to write a program that receive a string from keyboard and then print it out. i write a program: main() { char str; gets(str); printf(str); } but when i compile it, the system said something like "new line is not last charicter" and sometime the system said "a3.c is up to date"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dell9
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I don't know where to start

I have been in computers for 30 years and know everything about MS, but nothing about anything else. Been developping websites (inter alia) running on MS servers using ASP's and vbScripts which apparently does not work under Unix. My own website is being hosted on a Unix server and I need to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul@cascom
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to rebuild and install the kernel.

Trying to install some ide raid drivers (to add some more hdds) and the instrcutions have toled me to modify some code in the kernel folder in usr/src (this is mandrake linux 9 btw). I need to then rebuild the kernel, how do I do this? Is there some file that I bring up for a whole c project (the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pudad
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

best way to rebuild a kernel

i really have an issue with the otherwise outstading FreeBSD Handbook when it comes to kernel building. information on the proper steps to take is really confusing. i think that chapters 9 and 21 need to be combined to give a very concise format on how best to deal with kernel building/rebuidling... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error wile rebuild the kernel

Hi!!! I installed the patch: DUV40F16-C0040500-10245-Manual-20010328 to avoid a reboot problem in my server, AlphaServer 4100 with Tru64 4.0F. When the patch instalation finished I rebuild the kernel like this: # duconfig -c ORACLE-TEST Start de rebuild and a few minutes after appear... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

7. Programming

Rebuild the Dev of a non UNIX kernel...

My name for this post may be a bit off but basically I would like to take go though the same proses that kernel developers went though to build other kernels that are based on UNIX such as Linux, And do it from scratch IE. starting with the base UNIX and building on to it. So I in theory could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevSer2279
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel not rebuild

hi, system operation: unix sco 3.2.4 Kernel not rebuild, do not remove or update tcp/ip e3H0 driver. messages: cat:cannot open../sdevice.d/5 line:5.1 32 -1 fatal error:mdevice:wrong number of fields idmaster:device do not exist in therefore can not be update idinstall: cannot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milen
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

redhat rebuild kernel

Hi expert, I goes to # pwd /usr/src/kernels/2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 then I make bzImage I meet error # make CHK include/linux/version.h CHK include/linux/utsrelease.h SYMLINK include/asm -> include/asm-x86 make: *** No rule to make target `missing-syscalls'. Stop. make:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies
refile(1mh)															       refile(1mh)

Name
       refile - file message in other folders

Syntax
       refile [ msgs ] [ +folder ] [ options ]

Description
       Use  the  command to move the specified message from the current folder to another folder.  You can refile messages in more than one folder
       by giving multiple folder names as arguments.

If you do not specify a message, the current message is refiled.  You can refile a message other than the current  message  by  giving  its
       number  as  a msgs argument.  You can also refile more than one message at a time by specifying more than one message number, or a range of
       message numbers, or a message sequence.	See for more information on sequences.

The current folder remains the same unless the -src option is specified; in that case, the source folder becomes  current.   Normally,  the
       last message specified becomes the current message.  However, if the -link option is used, the current message is not changed.

If  the	Previous-Sequence:  entry is set in the file, in addition to defining the named sequences from the source folder, will also define
       those sequences for the destination folders.  See for information concerning the previous sequence.

Options
       -draft	 Refiles the draft message, or the current message in your folder, if you have one set up.  You cannot give a msgs  argument  when
		 you use this option.

-file filename
		 Moves	a  file into a folder.	This option takes a file from its directory and places it in the named folder, as the next message
		 in the folder.  The file must be formatted as a legal mail message.  This means that the message must	have  the  minimum  header
		 fields separated from the body of the message by a blank line or a line of dashes.

-help	 Prints a list of the valid options to this command.

-link
       -nolink	 Keeps	a copy of the message in the source folder.  Normally, removes the messages from the original folder when it refiles them.
		 The -link option keeps a copy in the original folder, as well as filing a copy in the new folder.

-preserve
       -nopreserve
		 Preserves the number of a message in the new folder.  Normally, when a message is refiled in to another folder, it is set to  the
		 next  available number in that folder.  The -preserve option keeps the number of the message the same in the new folder as it had
		 been in the old.

You cannot have two messages with the same number in one folder, so you should use this option with care.

-src +folder
		 Specifies the source folder to take messages from.  Normally, messages are refiled from the current folder into  another  folder.
		 However, you can take messages from a different folder by using the -src +folder option to specify the alternative source folder.

Examples
       The following example refiles messages 3 and 5 in the folder
       % refile 3 5 +records

The next example files the current message into two folders:
       % refile +jones +map

The next example takes message 13 in the current folder and refiles it in the folder.  The message remains in the current folder as well as
       appearing in the folder.
       % refile -link 13 +test

The next example takes a message from the folder when it is not the current folder, and places it in the folder
       % refile 3 -src +test +outbox

Profile Components
       Path:		 To determine your Mail directory

Folder-Protect:	 To set protections when creating a new folder
       rmmproc: 	 Program to delete the message

Files
       The user profile.

See Also
       folder(1mh), mark(1mh), mh_profile(5mh)

refile(1mh)