Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: scripts for dummies
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers scripts for dummies Post 3402 by eeldivady on Saturday 30th of June 2001 11:40:24 AM
Old 06-30-2001
this is my permission

-rw-r--r-x 1 davidlee 71 Jun 30 11:09 myscript

doesn´t the x mean its executable, and i am logged in under davidlee, thats me Smilie

i even created the dir of scripts and moved the file under it and added the scripts dir under my path. i typed in myscript and it still says permission denied. ideas?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unix for Dummies FAQ

I have created a small FAQ for the "Unix for Dummies" forum. Hopefully this will be useful, as there are questions which are asked (and answered) repeatedly. <A HREF="http://www.droflet.net/unix_dot_com_faq.html">http://www.droflet.net/unix_dot_com_faq.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PxT
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl for Dummies

Hi all. iam new to this and i want to learn perl Any good website out there ?? anything will do thanks :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

UNIX for Dummies Test

A goofy UNIX test: http://www.majon.com/cgi-bin/IQ?Q=unix WARNING: ANSWERS ARE BELOW!!!! IF YOU WANT TO DO THE TEST BEFORE SEEING THE ANSWERS, DON"T READ FURTHER ;) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
13 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris for dummies

Is there one command that will display all system information on a Solaris host running Solaris 8? System information such as model, memory, CPU, disk space etc. etc. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mita
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am real Dummies , I am Questions

I want to know data about 1. Overview 2. Process Management 3. Memory Management 4. File System Management 5. Secondary Storage Management 6. Protection and Security Systems of UNIX OS Thank Alot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolmara04
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dummies question

Please help to answer some highlighted question below. 1. How to create more than 1 partition in a single hard disk? 2. How to format the created partition to be viewable like in windows C: or D: ? 3. How to use pen drive in unix environment? 4. How to find a file starting with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyysk
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I know this is probably top of the Dummies questions!

Hello: I am a very new Newbie. This is not a homework question. The assignment question was actually on the use of the 2 different inputs 'read' and 'cat' ... that I know and turned in an hour ago. I don't need help with that. My question, like I said, probably sounds really dumb to most of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZaraJC
4 Replies

8. Programming

C++ for dummies: how to compile a code.

Hi. I wrote a small programm which shows me display's refresh rate #include "stdafx.h" #include "windows.h" #include "iostream" using namespace std; int _tmain(int cout) { HDC hDCScreen = GetDC(NULL); int RefreshFrequency = GetDeviceCaps(hDCScreen, VREFRESH); ReleaseDC(NULL, hDCScreen);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies
SHCOMP(1)						    User Environment Utilities							 SHCOMP(1)

NAME
shcomp - compile a ksh93 shell script SYNOPSIS
shcomp [ options ] [infile] [outfile]] ORIGIN OF THIS MAN PAGE
This man page was written by Christophe Martin <Schplurtz@free.fr> for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It is based on "shcomp --man" output. DESCRIPTION
Unless -D is specified, shcomp takes a shell script, infile, and creates a binary format file, outfile, that ksh93 can read and execute with the same effect as the original script. Since aliases are processed as the script is read, alias definitions whose value requires variable expansion will not work correctly. If -D is specified, all double quoted strings that are preceded by $ are output. These are the messages that need to be translated to locale specific versions for internationalization. If outfile is omitted, then the results will be written to standard output. If infile is also omitted, the shell script will be read from standard input. OPTIONS
-D, --dictionary Generate a list of strings that need to be placed in a message catalog for internationalization. -n, --noexec Displays warning messages for obsolete or non-conforming constructs. -v, --verbose Displays input from infile onto standard error as it reads it. --man Displays this man page on standard error and exits. --help Shows a short help message and exits. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. DEBIAN WARNING
On a Debian GNU/Linux system, more than one package may provide ksh. the output of shcomp can only be used by ksh93. Any other ksh will be unable to run the compiled script. EXAMPLE
( echo '#! /bin/ksh93' ; shcomp myscript ) > myscript.bin && chmod 755 myscript.bin ./myscript.bin SEE ALSO
ksh(1) IMPLEMENTATION
version shcomp (AT&T Labs Research) 2012-02-29 author David Korn <dgk@research.att.com> copyright Copyright (c) 1982-2012 AT&T Intellectual Property license http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/epl-v10.html KSH93 Fri Jun 3 2005 SHCOMP(1)