Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: prompt
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers prompt Post 3391 by eeldivady on Saturday 30th of June 2001 10:18:33 AM
Old 06-30-2001
prompt

how do we change the command prompt? right now my prompt says

felix%

where felix is the machine i´m on. but how do we change it? for example, how can i make it say
me%

and how do we get it to tell us what directory we are under because when i change into a subdir then the prompt doesn´t change to include the subdir the way that dos works under windows.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prompt why ?

Even though I give rm -f *, the files are listed for confirmation of removal . Why ? Thanks LS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ls1429
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't get ok prompt

Hi, I'm attempting to reinstall a damaged installation of Solaris 9 (on a SunFire). Connected via serial from a PC. Can't get to the "ok" prompt to launch install from CD. Ctrl+break acknowledges my request for a break, but no prompt. "#." gets me an "sc>" prompt, with several options, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shonenfan
3 Replies

3. Solaris

OK prompt

Here is a silly question: I have a Sun 220R and I need to get to the OK prompt. I can't hook up a monitor and keyboard to it. Its on a KVM right now and I also have a console connected to it. I can use PuTTY to get to the console and then connect to the 220R from there. How can I get to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to a prompt a particular value???

Hi i am working with clearcase in my UNIX machine... Accidentally some had ran a script to check out all files in the machine.... Now i am actually trying to uncheck out all those files and had written a script for it.... The problem is that when ever i am trying to uncheck out the files, its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Changing prompt

I currently have this as my prompt when I log in (shell is sh): PS1="`hostname ` # " My question is how do I add the current directory to that prompt? Is there a way? Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
5 Replies

6. Solaris

ok prompt

There is a number before the ok prompt in OBP between brackets {}. It is 0 most of the time but sometimes it is different number {9} ok or {0} ok What does this number mean and how it gets changed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
3 Replies

7. Solaris

No prompt!

We have a Solaris 10 machine. Today a weird issue happened. After login remotely via ssh, the motd appeared BUT there was no prompt! The prompt only appears after pressing Ctrl+d or Ctrl+c. Strange behaviour. I have checked /etc/profile and own user .profile, there is no anamoly. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP prompt

Hello, I am connectin to a remote server using: ftp -n -i <server> user <username> <password> lcd ~/YAFFA after i execute lcd command ther is a prompt: "Local directory now /home/YAFFA" How can is make it disappear? :confused: Please use and tags when posting code, data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies
FENCE_AGENT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    FENCE_AGENT(8)

NAME
fence_ilo_mp - Fence agent for HP iLO MP DESCRIPTION
fence_ilo_mp accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_ilo_mp can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing and for turning outlets on or off from scripts. Vendor URL: http://www.hp.com PARAMETERS
-o, --action=<action> Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) -a, --ip=<ip> IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. -l, --username=<name> Login Name This parameter is always required. -p, --password=<password> Login password or passphrase -S, --password-script=<script> Script to retrieve password -x, --ssh SSH connection -k, --identity-file=<filename> Identity file for ssh -c, --command-prompt=<prompt> Force command prompt (Default Value: ['MP>', 'hpiLO->']) -u, --ipport=<port> TCP port to use for connection with device -4, --inet4-only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only -6, --inet6-only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only -v, --verbose Verbose mode -D, --debug-file=<debugfile> Write debug information to given file -V, --version Display version information and exit -h, --help Display help and exit -C, --separator=<char> Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) --power-timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) --shell-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) --login-timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) --power-wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 5) --delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) --retry-on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) ACTIONS
on Power on machine. off Power off machine. reboot Reboot machine. status This returns the status of the plug/virtual machine. list List available plugs with aliases/virtual machines if there is support for more then one device. Returns N/A otherwise. monitor Check if fencing device is running. List available plugs/virtual machines or get status of machine (if it does not support more). metadata The operational behavior of this is not known. STDIN PARAMETERS
action Fencing Action (Default Value: reboot) ipaddr IP Address or Hostname This parameter is always required. login Login Name This parameter is always required. passwd Login password or passphrase passwd_script Script to retrieve password secure SSH connection identity_file Identity file for ssh cmd_prompt Force command prompt (Default Value: ['MP>', 'hpiLO->']) ipport TCP port to use for connection with device inet4_only Forces agent to use IPv4 addresses only inet6_only Forces agent to use IPv6 addresses only verbose Verbose mode debug Write debug information to given file version Display version information and exit help Display help and exit separator Separator for CSV created by operation list (Default Value: ,) power_timeout Test X seconds for status change after ON/OFF (Default Value: 20) shell_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after issuing command (Default Value: 3) login_timeout Wait X seconds for cmd prompt after login (Default Value: 5) power_wait Wait X seconds after issuing ON/OFF (Default Value: 5) delay Wait X seconds before fencing is started (Default Value: 0) retry_on Count of attempts to retry power on (Default Value: 1) fence_ilo_mp (Fence Agent) 2009-10-20 FENCE_AGENT(8)