Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMTP Banner response sloowww
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SMTP Banner response sloowww Post 3370 by DLongan on Friday 29th of June 2001 03:28:26 PM
Old 06-29-2001
SMTP Banner response sloowww

When I telnet to my smtp server (port 25) it takes almost 30 seconds for the banner to appear.

I have checked and the server isn't busy (at least from what I can tell)

Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

banner with ftp

Does anyone know how to put a banner (like /etc/issue) for ftp, both wu-ftp and the Sun ftp that ships with Solaris 8? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet Banner

I need to put a telnet banner on AIX 4.3 and 5.1 servers, so the users can see a warning message before logging into the system. I know /etc/motd will give the message after the login. Basically what I am asking is how do I tell system to read the /etc/issue file on AIX?. Thank you, in advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smohd
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

short banner

how to add a (sb) short banner in printcap i need print a extraline my OS unix 5.0.5 :( Tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoMaGo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Banner command

Hey all, I want to use the banner/echo command to write messages on different console windows. I knew that before, but I completely forget how to do it ! I just remenber that /dev/pts/# is the number of the window. and it's useful. It would be great if someone knows how to solve my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxwell17
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Banner

How can I display a message to the crt whenever someone logs on? They do not see a unix prompt. I need to easily update this also. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beetlejuice
2 Replies

6. Linux

login banner

Hi, I have added in banner in both /etc/banner and /etc/issue.net one by one in Linux but the banner is not displaying while user type username and enter I have restarted the ssh service also Any idea why? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

banner command

can I use Banner command in Linux, if not, what is the similar command in linux then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

Hp-ux login banner

Hi, How do i create a login banner for hp-ux users. Is there somewhere i can get a step by step explanation? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dowell
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding banner command

Iam a MCA student having some doubts about 1) different disk related commands 2) Banner command 3) Different file related commands 4) set eb (where it is used) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gururajbhat
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with banner.

is there a way to reduce the size of the banner? banner -w ? TIA (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: budz26
8 Replies
MKTAP(1)																  MKTAP(1)

NAME
mktap - create twisted.servers SYNOPSIS
mktap [options] apptype [application_option]... mktap apptype --help DESCRIPTION
The --help prints out a usage message to standard output. --debug, -d Show debug information for plugin loading. --progress, -p Show progress information for plugin loading. --encrypted, -e Encrypt file before writing (will make the extension of the resultant file begin with 'e'). --uid, -u <uid> Application belongs to this uid, and should run with its permissions. --gid, -d <gid> Application belongs to this gid, and should run with its permissions. --append, -a <file> Append given servers to given file, instead of creating a new one. File should be be a tap file. --appname, -n <name> Use the specified name as the process name when the application is run with twistd(1). This option also causes some initialization code to be duplicated when twistd(1) is run. --type, -t <type> Specify the output file type. Available types are: pickle - (default) Output as a python pickle file. xml - Output as a .tax XML file. source - Output as a .tas (AOT Python source) file. apptype Can be 'web', 'portforward', 'toc', 'coil', 'words', 'manhole', 'im', 'news', 'socks', 'telnet', 'parent', 'sibling', 'ftp', and 'mail'. Each of those support different options. portforward options -h, --host <host> Proxy connections to <host> -d, --dest_port <port> Proxy connections to <port> on remote host. -p, --port <port> Listen locally on <port> web options -u, --user Makes a server with ~/public_html and ~/.twistd-web-pb support for users. --personal Instead of generating a webserver, generate a ResourcePublisher which listens on ~/.twistd-web-pb --path <path> <path> is either a specific file or a directory to be set as the root of the web server. Use this if you have a directory full of HTML, cgi, php3, epy, or rpy files or any other files that you want to be served up raw. -p, --port <port> <port> is a number representing which port you want to start the server on. -m, --mime_type <mimetype> <mimetype> is the default MIME type to use for files in a --path web server when none can be determined for a particular extension. The default is 'text/html'. --allow_ignore_ext Specify whether or not a request for 'foo' should return 'foo.ext'. Default is off. --ignore-ext .<extension> Specify that a request for 'foo' should return 'foo.<extension>'. -t, --telnet <port> Run a telnet server on <port>, for additional configuration later. -i, --index <name> Use an index name other than "index.html" --https <port> Port to listen on for Secure HTTP. -c, --certificate <filename> SSL certificate to use for HTTPS. [default: server.pem] -k, --privkey <filename> SSL certificate to use for HTTPS. [default: server.pem] --processor <ext>=<class name> Adds a processor to those file names. (Only usable if after --path) --resource-script <script name> Sets the root as a resource script. This script will be re-evaluated on every request. This creates a web.tap file that can be used by twistd. If you specify no arguments, it will be a demo webserver that has the Test class from twisted.web.test in it. toc options -p <port> <port> is a number representing which port you want to start the server on. mail options -r, --relay <ip>,<port>=<queue directory> Relay mail to all unknown domains through given IP and port, using queue directory as temporary place to place files. -d, --domain <domain>=<path> generate an SMTP/POP3 virtual maildir domain named "domain" which saves to "path" -u, --username <name>=<password> add a user/password to the last specified domains -b, --bounce_to_postmaster undelivered mails are sent to the postmaster, instead of being rejected. -p, --pop <port> <port> is a number representing which port you want to start the pop3 server on. -s, --smtp <port> <port> is a number representing which port you want to start the smtp server on. This creates a mail.tap file that can be used by twistd(1) telnet options -p, --port <port> Run the telnet server on <port> -u, --username <name> set the username to <name> -w, --password <password> set the password to <password> socks options -i, --interface <interface> Listen on interface <interface> -p, --port <port> Run the SOCKSv4 server on <port> -l, --log <filename> log connection data to <filename> ftp options -a, --anonymous Allow anonymous logins -3, --thirdparty Allow third party connections --otp Use one time passwords (OTP) -p, --port <port> Run the FTP server on <port> -r, --root <path> Define the local root of the FTP server --anonymoususer <username> Define the the name of the anonymous user manhole options -p, --port <port> Run the manhole server on <port> -u, --user <name> set the username to <name> -w, --password <password> set the password to <password> words options -p, --port <port> Run the Words server on <port> -i, --irc <port> Run IRC server on port <port> -w, --web <port> Run web server on port <port> AUTHOR
Written by Moshe Zadka, based on mktap's help messages REPORTING BUGS
To report a bug, visit http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Twisted Matrix Laboratories. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
twistd(1) July 2001 MKTAP(1)