Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dns
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Dns Post 3368 by DLongan on Friday 29th of June 2001 02:56:12 PM
Old 06-29-2001
Well here is what i found:

NSLOOKUP

>ls -a compassgroup.com
[[192.9.202.100]]
Host or domain name Alias
>

Now if i just enter
>proxy1
Server: [192.9.202.100
Address: 192.9.202.100

Name: proxy1.compassgroup.com
Address: 192.9.202.155

Proxy1 is defined on the DNS server using an A record

Here's the story on PING

ping proxy1.compassgroup.com - does not work
ping proxy1 - works
ping 192.9.202.155 - works

Any ideas?

Don

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dns

Is there a website to go to that gives you a set of instructions to set up DNS from start to finish? I need it for a Solaris 8 box on the Intel platform side. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deuce
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dns

I just bought a unix dedicated server from a company so that i can host websites on that server. I wanted to configure it but I have no clue :confused: as to where to start. If some one can just guide me to the right direction, i would greatly appreciate it. megnote (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megnote
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS Server help

Hi, I would like to create an internal webpage for my company that would only be viewable when connected to the VPN or internal network. I want a webpage like newsite.company.com. Is there a way to do this. We obviously already have www.company.com, but how would I go about creating the newsite.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Dns

I would like to set up a DNS on my system, just to learn really, how difficult and what all is involved in the set up? How difficult? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

DNS A-Record point to another DNS

Hi, I have a question on how to point the DNS server-1's A-record to second DNS server, which is DNS server-2. So, the computer can access other domain which only listed in the DNS server-2. The scenario is as follow: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6333/12234.png How to configure this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paris Heng
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

DHCP & DNS - Clients get IP but don't register in DNS

I am trying to setup a CentOS 6.2 server that will be doing 3 things DHCP, DNS & Samba for a very small office (2 users). The idea being this will replace a very old Win2k server. The users are all windows based clients so only the server will be Linux based. I've installed CentOS 6.2 with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FireBIade
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

dns

how do we update dns zone file entries without restarting named demon (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhay1983
5 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)

NAME
jms-ping - checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running SYNOPSIS
jms-ping --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=false] Checks to see if the JMS provider is up and running. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using jms-ping asadmin> jms-ping --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 JMS Ping Status=RUNNING EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-delete-jmsdest(1AS), asadmin-list-jmsdest(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-jms-ping(1AS)