Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers newbee - copy data from UNIX to Linux Post 3274 by steven5046 on Thursday 28th of June 2001 04:46:22 AM
Old 06-28-2001
Data newbee - copy data from UNIX to Linux

I have to setup a new server (linux) and I have to copy the data from the old unix system to the new one.

Can I access the unix data in dos?

Please help. I know little about linux and unix

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Where do I download LINUX & UNIX?

Where can i get a copy of Unix or Linux?

where can i get a free copy of unix? any kind... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregtampa
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy data file from UNIX and put it on PC

Hello, My customer wants me to copy a data file from his UNIX box, and transfer to windows basic PC. My question is how can I find the file in UNIX box, copy it out into DOS/Windows format. Please help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BillyT
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copy data from Windows to Unix any help?

I have a log file that I would like to copy from my windows pc to my unix pc for further processuon. Is there any command that can help me perform this task?. I already have a cron to fire up the process, but nothing seems to be coming up. I am trying to use ftp but nothing is coming forth.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Newbee :-)

Hi , i have jus started learning basics of unix .I have few queries : 1) what is meant by unix box server? 2) what is the difference between unix and linux (is it jus x-windows graphical system or is there anything more than that?) 3) Can i get any free download of unix so that i cud... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP

Can anyone tell me how can i copy data in LINUX Machine to windows XP Thanks, Sandeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbee lost in unix land

I am writing a shell script and I am calling wc -l. I need to assign the results of this call to a varaible and it's not working the way I think it should: xx= wc -l $1 What am I doing wrong? Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dortoh
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy folder and its contents from HP Unix server to RH Linux

I am trying to copy a folder and all its contents from HP Unix box to RH linux, using the following. rsync -avz -e "ssh" /users/www/webroot/docFiles/Division/Ctry ftpuser@10.4.xxx.yz:/data/webroot/development/contentfiles/webroot/docFiles/Division/Ctry/QAfiles And it throws a consistent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FanTom
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy data from tape in unix

Dear sir/madam Could you tell me how to copy or get data from tape to any folder in unix? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyha_moth
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy jailed data SSH Centos from one Linux server to another

Hello to all the experts around here. I need to be able to create a script which will be copying all the data from each user account's jail home folder (SFTPWRITE) on one Centos 7 server to antother Centos 7 server. Both of the Centos servers are using Chroot jail where each account logs in to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nreznik
2 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)