Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers changed .profile but didnt ./.profile, yet reflected changes Post 32683 by TioTony on Tuesday 3rd of December 2002 11:26:53 PM
Old 12-04-2002
If you change your .profile, you have to ./.profile in the same session for the changes to take effect. If you open a new session, this is done automatically for you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.profile

I installed Red Hat 7.1. I found that .profile is not geting executed for any user. I checked the location of .profile . It is in home directory. What may be the reason. Thank you in advance!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: j1yant
3 Replies

3. SCO

Difference between .profile and .~/.profile

what is the difference between these two lines, if we use it in korn shell script: .profile .~/.profile (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maneesh mehta
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I read about the difference between "..profile" and ".profile"

Hi I know from reading O Riley's Classic Shell Scripting' that the .profile file is " the shells configuration file" but I am unable to find a reference to what "..profile" means. I have searched on the net, Sams Teach Yourself Unix, Unix Visual Quickstart Guide and Linux in a Nutshell. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between /etc/profile and .profile?

What is the difference between /etc/profile and .profile? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gehlnar
5 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

trap in etc/profile and user .profile

Hello I really wonder what's trap in etc/profile and in each user .profile. I try to google for it but I think I have no luck. Mostly hit is SNMP traps which I think it is not the same thing. I want to know ... 1. What's a "trap 2 3" means and are there any other value I can set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

.profile

Hi, I have entry in .profile like this : alias GH='. /opt/dba/oraadmin/tools/gh.sh' and gh.sh script has some thing like this : #!/bin/ksh echo "Setting the GRID_HOME env variables" ORACLE_SID=GRID_HOME;export ORACLE_SID ORACLE_HOME=$GRID_HOME;export ORACLE_HOME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

profile name

How to chage my profile name? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with .profile

Hello All , Hope you are doing good. I have problem need you guys help . i tried to modify my .profile i was using PS1="\$ " printf "\033]0;`hostname`\007" and i have alias ( alias e='exit' )as well now wanna use bash as having good options , and modified as below bash -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radha254
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy the profile of my user to my user Id in unix (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
2 Replies
OPGPROF(1)						      General Commands Manual							OPGPROF(1)

NAME
opgprof - produce gprof-format profile data SYNOPSIS
opgprof [ options ] [profile specification] DESCRIPTION
opgprof outputs gprof-format profile data for a given binary image, from an OProfile session. See oprofile(1) for how to write profile specifications. OPTIONS
--help / -? / --usage Show help message. --version / -v Show version. --verbose / -V [options] Give verbose debugging output. --session-dir=dir_path Use sample database out of directory dir_path instead of the default location (/var/lib/oprofile). --image-path / -p [paths] Comma-separated list of additional paths to search for binaries. This is needed to find modules in kernels 2.6 and upwards. --root / -R [path] A path to a filesystem to search for additional binaries. --threshold / -t [percentage] Only output data for symbols that have more than the given percentage of total samples. --output-filename / -o [file] Output to the given file instead of the default, gmon.out ENVIRONMENT
No special environment variables are recognised by opgprof. FILES
/var/lib/oprofile/samples/ The location of the generated sample files. VERSION
This man page is current for oprofile-0.9.6. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/oprofile/, oprofile(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue 06 July 2010 OPGPROF(1)