Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting Apache
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Starting Apache Post 32669 by WIntellect on Tuesday 3rd of December 2002 03:08:53 PM
Old 12-03-2002
Quote:
Originally posted by keelba
I'm not an expert on apache but I think you mean apachectl with the letter "L" not "1". Maybe that is the problem.
Agreed!

I believe it's an abreviation for "apache control"

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting Apache on Solaris 8

I am not by any means a UNIX guru if you can't already tell by the question I'm about to ask. How do I launch Apache web server on my SOlaris 8 server without rebooting it? Any help would be much appreciated!!! -Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jskillet
5 Replies

2. Programming

starting with APR (Apache Portable Runtime)

Hi I am new to APR and I started programming using APR 1.2.2. So please guide me how to start learning it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumsin
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Problems starting apache 1.3 with mysql

I've been working on a project to replace one of the my group's primary NIS servers. It also runs mysql and apache, as it is the host for the our team's hardware tracking database and website. Its running apache 1.3, and for some odd reason, I can't get apache to start on system boot. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: godspunk32
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error about SSLProtocol when starting Apache

I just installed Apache 2.2.6 & when trying to start it i got this: Invalid command 'SSLProtocol', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Problems starting Apache 2.0.54

Hi, I just installed Apache 2.0.54 and when I try and start httpd I get mohit@mohit-desktop:/sw/pkg/apache/bin$ ./httpd -k start httpd: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName (13): make_sock: could not bind to address :80 no listening... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Starting an Apache Server

Sir, I have installed an Apache server in Fedora 9 (packages) and when i go to etc folder and try the command httpd -k start it says command not found....can any one help me out!!! ---------- Post updated at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:46 AM ---------- When i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bssandeshbs
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Error while starting Apache after compiling PHP and Curl

Hello, I am facing an issue while starting the apache server after compiling php and curl. Below are the versions i am using. php-5.2.17 httpd-2.2.17 curl-7.16.0 CentOS5.5x64 Compiling above packages without curl working very fine but when trying to compile php with curl below error is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Apache module development on apache 2.2

Hi, I'm new to developing modules for Apache. I understand the basics now and can develop something simple which allows a 'GET' request to happen, but what I want to do is actually 'POST' information to my site. I know the basic POST Request works and I can see that it is post by looking at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Error when starting apache

Due to an activity scheduled on the server, I had stop the apache process and then restart when the activity completed. The activity started at 9am and ended around 9 pm. To list the apache processes that were running on the server before I stopped it, I used ps -ef | grep apache, and these were... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
11 Replies
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)

NAME
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache - capture DBI profiling data from Apache/mod_perl SYNOPSIS
Add this line to your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache Then restart your server. Access the code you wish to test using a web browser, then shutdown your server. This will create a set of dbi.prof.* files in your Apache log directory. Get a profiling report with dbiprof: dbiprof /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* When you're ready to perform another profiling run, delete the old files rm /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* and start again. DESCRIPTION
This module interfaces DBI::ProfileDumper to Apache/mod_perl. Using this module you can collect profiling data from mod_perl applications. It works by creating a DBI::ProfileDumper data file for each Apache process. These files are created in your Apache log directory. You can then use dbiprof to analyze the profile files. USAGE
LOADING THE MODULE The easiest way to use this module is just to set the DBI_PROFILE environment variable in your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache If you want to use one of DBI::Profile's other Path settings, you can use a string like: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache It's also possible to use this module by setting the Profile attribute of any DBI handle: $dbh->{Profile} = "DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache"; See DBI::ProfileDumper for more possibilities. GATHERING PROFILE DATA Once you have the module loaded, use your application as you normally would. Stop the webserver when your tests are complete. Profile data files will be produced when Apache exits and you'll see something like this in your error_log: DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache writing to /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.2619 Now you can use dbiprof to examine the data: dbiprof /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* By passing dbiprof a list of all generated files, dbiprof will automatically merge them into one result set. You can also pass dbiprof sorting and querying options, see dbiprof for details. CLEANING UP Once you've made some code changes, you're ready to start again. First, delete the old profile data files: rm /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* Then restart your server and get back to work. MEMORY USAGE
DBI::Profile can use a lot of memory for very active applications. It collects profiling data in memory for each distinct query your application runs. You can avoid this problem with a call like this: $dbh->{Profile}->flush_to_disk() if $dbh->{Profile}; Calling "flush_to_disk()" will clear out the profile data and write it to disk. Put this someplace where it will run on every request, like a CleanupHandler, and your memory troubles should go away. Well, at least the ones caused by DBI::Profile anyway. AUTHOR
Sam Tregar <sam@tregar.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002 Sam Tregar This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself. perl v5.8.0 2002-11-29 DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)