Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Paranoid about hackers
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Paranoid about hackers Post 32623 by LivinFree on Monday 2nd of December 2002 04:26:41 PM
Old 12-02-2002
That's set in your syslog.conf file - it's in the /etc directory if you have a Linux box. Look for entries sent to "console".

If it's modprobe looking for a module that doesn't exist, it may be caused by anything from KDE trying to use sound drivers on a system with no sound support to an invalid filesystem type when mounting.

I usually only send *.emerg and *.crit to console, and just review the logs at a later time.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hackers!!!!!

:o :oIve heard that there are some security issues with Unix/Linux.....im running SuSE 8.0 and i was wondering if anyone could help me out by hookin me up with some nice security programs or loopholes i can fix....thanx...p3ace:o :o And the sky opened...and it rained shit. - Anonymous (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: R34P3R
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any hackers? i need someones help

to get into an telephone account online :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackie8
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

on how to protect your website against hackers

Hi! Looking for some feed back on this tutorial... Thank you for checking out this thread. I'm working on some killer videos right now that will explain in detail how you can protect your website against hackers. The first part of the video series is live right now and it covers Cross-Site... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arne1983
2 Replies
SND_MAESTRO(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					    SND_MAESTRO(4)

NAME
snd_maestro -- ESS Maestro bridge device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device sound device snd_maestro Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): snd_maestro_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The snd_maestro bridge driver allows the generic audio driver sound(4) to attach to ESS Maestro based sound chips. This chipset is very pop- ular in notebook computers, but it is also very used in a wide selection of cheap OEM sound cards. HARDWARE
The snd_maestro driver supports the following PCI sound cards: o ESS Technology Maestro-1 o ESS Technology Maestro-2 o ESS Technology Maestro-2E SEE ALSO
snd_maestro3(4), sound(4) HISTORY
The snd_maestro device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.2. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Jorge Mario G. Mazo <jgutie11@eafit.edu.co>. BSD
December 15, 2005 BSD