Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with samba
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem with samba Post 32553 by Ralf on Friday 29th of November 2002 07:24:07 AM
Old 11-29-2002
You set the type of security permissions of the mount in the smb.conf file. Sort of like the share permissions you set in windows. NB These are additional to the file system permissions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A simple Samba problem, please help

Hi, I have successfully setup my Samba server on my Sun Solaris 8 Sparc machine. My Win2000 workstation is able to see the unix worstation and its shared directory from Network Neighborhood. However, the Unix workstation appears as Ip address instead of Hostname on my network neighborhood... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba problem

Hello everybody, i've some problem with my linux pc to configure samba service, i've a net with win2000 and DHCP server, my linux on the net had take automatically the ip, but when i open a smb.conf, i haven't find some info, pls help me... Tks BlueRose :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueRose
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba problem

Hi, I am using FC7 and i got a problem with access linux shared directory in windows. when i access linux system via IP, i can see folder but i cannot access them. it say "you donot have permission to access this folder please contact to administrator" and say same thing for all shared... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonirajesh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

samba problem...

Hi all... I have a wired problem of a "swat" processes creating "lpstat -v" processes that are making my samba get stuck until i kill the "lpstat -v" procceses... why the "swat" is making these procceses? is there any way of fixing it? Thanx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba 3.0.24 Configuration Problem

Dear all, I have set the security level to user. My samba is running on Unixware 7.1.4. I get the following screen error when trying to login from windows clients.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ndege
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Strange problem with samba

Hi everyone I have a strange problem. Here is my setup: 1. I have a Fedora FTP server (where a 3rd party is uploading files). 2. I then open an ftp session (from a Solaris 10 server) to the FTP server and "get" all the files (place files in directory X). 3. I have a samba share set up... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with man of samba

People i installed samba on a x86 solaris 9 when a do man samba i see this lavirtuosa:/ # man samba Reformatting page. Please Wait... done Miscellanea SAMBA(7) Samba 3.4 Last change: 09/30/2009 1 lavirtuosa:/ # ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enkei17
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling samba problem

People i download the lastest version of samba i`am tryng to compile it in a solaris 9 i'm reading the how to of samba, i am in the first step making the autogen.sh but show me this when i do ./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh: running script/mkversion.sh ./script/mkversion.sh: 'include/version.h'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Problem mounting SAMBA please help

I am trying to mount SAMBA/CIFS and it just won't work Here are my settings...please let me know what i did wrong This is Centos 6.4 box Thanks! cat /etc/samba/smb.conf comment = Samba path = /home/vm1/Desktop/samba writable = yes public = yes findsmb ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Samba Sharing Problem

I have 1 Server which was installed With centos 6.2 and there was a Samba Share the Directory /public was shared in the centos Server, its IP address is 192.168.1.15 , And I Have accessed the Share in Ubuntu 12.04 client machines by connect to server just giving IP address and share folder name ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
1 Replies
NTDBBACKUP(8)						    System Administration tools 					     NTDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
ntdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .ntdb files SYNOPSIS
ntdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. ntdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .ntdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .ntdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the administrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of ntdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (corrupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The ntdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of ntdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: ntdbbackup [-s suffix] *.ntdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .ntdb files: ntdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.ntdb Note that Samba 4 can use .tdb files instead, so you should use tdbbackup on those files. Samba .tdb and .ntdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .(n)tdb files on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.(n)tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.(n)tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb and *.ntdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
tdbbackup(8), ntdbrestore(8) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The ntdbbackup man page was written by Rusty Russell, based on the tdbbackup man page by John H Terpstra. Samba 4.1 06/17/2014 NTDBBACKUP(8)