Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Coredump (memory fault)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Coredump (memory fault) Post 32499 by RTM on Wednesday 27th of November 2002 11:25:51 AM
Old 11-27-2002
You don't mention the OS being used - please post it (with version). Some (example Solaris) have parameters set up in /etc/system for database software. Check your Oracle documentation to insure your OS is set up for running Oracle (only mentioned since it is hard to say that the other processes you wrote about were not specifically said to be Oracle processes).
Quote:
Other processes can go over 600M of occupied memory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Memory fault(coredump)

Dear All, I made a program which do some simple jobs like reading data from other process's shared memory and writing messages to the queues of other process. what happens is my program works fine and do all the task as expected but then then program ends it give Memory fault(coredump). I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ralo
0 Replies

2. AIX

Segmentation fault(coredump)

Hi All Can anybody help me? When ever am trying to run topas system gives me an error Segmentation fault(coredump) does anybody ahve solution for this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Memory fault(coredump)

Hey guys, I am new to the Linux world and have a question to post. When I ssh from a HP-UX machine to a ubuntu machine I get the following error message Memory fault(coredump) i.e. ssh 192.168.1.3 I get this message as shown below Memory fault(coredump) Can someone please explain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fkaba81
2 Replies

4. Solaris

memory fault (coredump)

Getting memory fault (coredump) and segmentation fault(coredump) when i tried javac or java -version. what could be the problem? Regards Eswar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BhuvanEswar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation Fault(coredump)

I'm getting this error when trying to run a Acucobol program thru UNIX.. Segmentation Fault(coredump) Precompiler error prevents compilation of xxxxxx.co. Please help me in this case.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manish4
1 Replies

6. Programming

Memory fault(coredump) while using Environment variables

Hi, Actually I am facing one issue while using the getenv() in the C/C++ program. I want to take the file path from environment variables and if am not defining the environment path, its showing the message like this…! Memory fault(coredump) Actually I want to handle the error ,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory fault(coredump) while using cat cmd

i have few log files that are input to my perl script... i am executing the script as below cat RTR*.log | test.pl and getting the following error -ksh: 25014: Memory fault(coredump) cat: write error: Connection reset by peer can anyone help me on this.... Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
2 Replies

8. AIX

Error: Memory fault(coredump)

Hi Experts, While running a command, i saw this error below # ls -lrt total 74008 -rw-r--r-- 1 rr57104 edcfes 37889134 May 16 12:41 LGTOnw.clnt.7.4.2.0.bff.tar.gz drwxr-xr-x 2 root system 256 May 18 12:42 lost+found # gunzip LGTOnw.clnt.7.4.2.0.bff.tar.gz Memory fault(coredump) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
2 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Memory fault(coredump)

I am writing a program that copies a program and prints the program with a line count. this is the program I wrote: #include <stdio.h> main() { int c; int nl_cnt = 0; while((c = getchar()) != EOF){ if(c = '\n'){ nl_cnt++;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heywoodfloyd
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory fault(Coredump)

Hi, In my application we have one job which is used to process the files. But that job is failing with memory fault while processing a file or while shutting down the job. Sometime it generates the coredump and sometimes not. When I analysed the core dump I got below code snippet where it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_20
3 Replies
FTWHICH(1)						      General Commands Manual							FTWHICH(1)

NAME
ftwhich - fault tolerant search for a command name SYNOPSIS
ftwhich [-#hIp][-t#] program_name DESCRIPTION
ftwhich is a fault tolerant version of the which(1) command. ftwhich searches for a given program in all directories included in your PATH environment variable and reports all files with a name that approximately matches the given program_name. ftwhich achieves fault tolerance by calculating the so called Weighted Levenshtein Distance. The Levenshtein Distance is defined as the minimum number of character insertions, deletions and replacements that transform a string A into a string B. ftwhich is similar to the which command with the following differences: - ftwhich is by default NOT case sensitive - ftwhich is fault tolerant - Some shells have a build in which command that will also search aliases. ftwhich can naturally not search for aliases as it does not know about alias definitions. - ftwhich lists all files that approximately match. The files first shown take preference over files of the same name printed later as they are from directories listed earlier in the PATH. - The level of fault tolerance can be adjusted by specifying the optional parameter tolerance. A tolerance of 0 specifies exact match. OPTIONS
-h Prints help/usage information. -I Do case sensitive search (default is case in-sensitive) -p print the actual distance value in front of the found filename. This value is equal to the number of insertions, deletions and replacements necessary to transform the name of the found program into the search key. -# or -t# Set the fault tolerance level to #. The fault tolerance level is an integer in the range 0-255. It specifies the maximum number of errors permitted in finding the approximate match. The default tolerance is (strlen(searchpattern) - number of wildcards)/6 + 1 program_name The program file to search for. '*' and '?' can be used as wildcards. '?' denotes one single character. '*' denotes an arbitrary number of characters. The last argument to ftwhich is not parsed for options as the program needs at least one program_name argument. This means that ftwhich -x will not complain about a wrong option but search for the program named -x. EXAMPLE
Search for all programs like gcc in your PATH: ftwhich gcc This will e.g. find gcc or cc or CC ... To find all files that start with any prefix and end in config and differ in 2 letters from the word config: ftwhich -2 '*config' To find all files that exactly start with the prefix if: ftwhich -0 'if*' To find all clock programs: ftwhich -0 '*clock*' BUGS
The wildcards '?' and '*' can not be escaped. These characters function always as wildcards. This is however not a big problem since there is normally hardly any command that has these characters in its name. AUTHOR
Guido Socher (guido@linuxfocus.org) SEE ALSO
whichman(1), ftff(1) Search utilities January 1999 FTWHICH(1)