Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dumping multiple Folders
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Dumping multiple Folders Post 32376 by Freakytah on Friday 22nd of November 2002 08:05:50 PM
Old 11-22-2002
Dumping multiple Folders

How would i go about dumping my /home/ directory and my /root directory

i currently have.....

dump -f /root/backup.dp /home/ /root/

...but dump only seems to see only my first source directory and not the second (/root in this case)

anyone know a way around this..or if it is even possible?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating links to multiple folders

Hi All, First of all, I'm a unix newbie so don't be to hard on me :) I'm not even sure if the thing that I want is even possible but here goes nothing: On my linux based NAS I have the following structure: videos |---movie 1 |---movie 2 |---movie 3 | USBDISK |---videos |--- movie... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvb
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

runnning a shell script in multiple folders

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to both unix and shell scripts. Right now I have a script that I can run in one folder (if a certain text file is there, do one thing, if it's not, do something else). I want to modify this to run in multiple directories. My setup is: a company directory, and within it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melearlin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if multiple folders exist

I want to check if some directories with common prefix exist under current directory with bash, say, I have dictories like: dirct_1 dirct_2 dirct_3 ... in the current directory. I did: if then echo " directories exist " else echo " directories not exist " fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cristalp
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overwrite file in multiple folders

I need to update the contents of a file that exists in several hundred folders. I'm on a mac. Can I use Terminal to execute a linux/unix command that will accomplish the overwriting of the file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: webguy262
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete multiple folders in a directory which are two weeks old

I need help. I have to delete multiple directories inside a directory that are two weeks old. Example: Today is July 09, 2012 Folder1 > folder1 (created June 4, 2012) -- should be deleted > folder2 (created June 2, 2012) -- should be deleted > folder3 (created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files in multiple folders

Hello all, I would appreciate any help to write a script. I have folder A which contains over 30 thousands xml files, I would like create multiple folders and move those files (500 in each folders). Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmsiddig
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a command for multiple folders at once

Hi I have folders 1 to 24 (24 folders in total) and inside those folders I have the same file names. I have a command that I want to run but rather than do it individually I was wondering if there is a command to run them all at once. Thanks Phil (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing cases of multiple files in different folders

I am a TA for a computer science course and we have a program that flags code that appears to the same as other code that is supplied. In order for the program to check all of the student's programs, the programs all need to be named exactly the same. However, students don't like to follow... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpmawhin
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a sub-folder in multiple folders

Hi I've been trying to find an answer to this question and was hoping someone would be able to help me. I want to add a sub-folder to to an existing structure: for example /toys/toy_1/new /toys/toy_2/new /toys/toy_3/new There are humdreds of theses folders - what i want to do is add a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LouSan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple files in multiple folders and also output on same folder

How to execute multiple files in multiple folders and also output to be generated in the same folder? Hello Team, I have a path like Sanity_test/*/* and it has around 100+ folders inside with files. I would like to run/execute those files and output of execution to be placed on same /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pushpabuzz
1 Replies
.K5LOGIN(5)							File Formats Manual						       .K5LOGIN(5)

NAME
.k5login - Kerberos V5 acl file for host access. DESCRIPTION
The .k5login file, which resides in a user's home directory, contains a list of the Kerberos principals. Anyone with valid tickets for a principal in the file is allowed host access with the UID of the user in whose home directory the file resides. One common use is to place a .k5login file in root's home directory, thereby granting system administrators remote root access to the host via Kerberos. EXAMPLES
Suppose the user "alice" had a .k5login file in her home directory containing the following line: bob@FUBAR.ORG This would allow "bob" to use any of the Kerberos network applications, such as telnet(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), and rcp(1), to access alice's account, using bob's Kerberos tickets. Let us further suppose that "alice" is a system administrator. Alice and the other system administrators would have their principals in root's .k5login file on each host: alice@BLEEP.COM joeadmin/root@BLEEP.COM This would allow either system administrator to log in to these hosts using their Kerberos tickets instead of having to type the root pass- word. Note that because "bob" retains the Kerberos tickets for his own principal, "bob@FUBAR.ORG", he would not have any of the privileges that require alice's tickets, such as root access to any of the site's hosts, or the ability to change alice's password. SEE ALSO
telnet(1), rlogin(1), rsh(1), rcp(1), ksu(1), telnetd(8), klogind(8) .K5LOGIN(5)