Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OS Type and Version
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators OS Type and Version Post 32355 by Neo on Friday 22nd of November 2002 12:48:37 PM
Old 11-22-2002
and OBTW, hacking vB takes a lot of time and the hacks must be reinstalled when upgrades are done.... that is why we encourage posters to read and follow the rules, which is not too much to ask for a free service.... IYAM

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

2. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

3. Solaris

raid type

how to get the raid type of a mount if I am using solaris disksuite? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix version/type

Hi, How can I find out what unix I am using? Thanks C19 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version

Would like to confirm the ff. I got confused actually with the version I needed to download that will work on glassfish 3.0.1 a. Debian Squeeze (HP DL360). Need to use java version6 On Debian, I did apt-get install sun-java6-jdk. So when I check it's java version "1.6.0_22" Java(TM) SE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

7. Programming

Changing type name

In C++, how can I change the type with another name For example How can I declaring an object real which would be the same as declaring it float (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

OS version and Firmware version

Guys, How to find OS version and firmware version in LINUX? Like in AIX. uname -a will show me the version 5.3, 6.1,7.1. lsmcode -c will show me - system firmware image as SF240_417. What are the similar commands in Linux. I checked uname -a and cat /etc/release. uname... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
1 Replies
uname(2)							System Calls Manual							  uname(2)

NAME
uname - Gets the name of the current system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/utsname.h> int uname( struct utsname *name); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: uname(): XSH5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Points to a utsname structure. DESCRIPTION
The uname() function stores information identifying the current system in the structure pointed to by the name parameter. The uname() function uses the utsname structure, which is defined in the sys/utsname.h file and contains the following members: char sys- name[_SYS_NMLN]; char nodename[_SYS_NMLN]; char release[_SYS_NMLN]; char version[_SYS_NMLN]; char machine[_SYS_NMLN]; The uname() function returns a null-terminated character string naming the current system in the sysname character array. The nodename array contains the name that the system is known by on a communications network. The release and version arrays further identify the sys- tem. The machine array identifies the CPU hardware being used. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a nonnegative value is returned. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If the uname() function fails, errno may be set to the following value: [Tru64 UNIX] The name parameter points outside of the process address space. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: uname(1) Standards: standards(5) delim off uname(2)