Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /proc
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users /proc Post 32231 by Neo on Wednesday 20th of November 2002 04:54:21 PM
Old 11-20-2002
and you certainly don't want to delete kmem or kcore Smilie that would be like deleting your brains, right LivinFree?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/proc 100%

The df/bdf command shows /proc 100% full all the time. What does /proc contain? and why 100% all the time even on a new setup. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about /proc

hi, we all know /proc is about the information of active process, I have just read an artical which said you can use /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/net./proc/meminfo etc. to know about some hardware information .But I want to know how to use with command line? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fuqiang1976
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The /proc Filesystems

Anyone know what the difference between the /proc filesystems under Linux and SunOS? Thanx In Advance! -Lola (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sparticus007
1 Replies

4. Programming

Proc problem

Hello all , We have a c program , it is running well on AIX 4.3.3.0 .But when we run it on AIX 4.2.1.0 version the program exit when it begin to do this command : Exec sql connect . N.B: The version of C compiler is :4.2 Database :Oracle8 thanks in advance . Elie . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyounes
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

proc directory

I did a search on this, but didn't find exactly the answer I'm looking for. What exactly is the proc directory for? Showing processes spawned by users? I ask because I have some very large files in that directory by multiple users and its affecting my disk usage. Can you limit how many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

proc

Hi, What are the various way's to fix /proc folder in redhat linux 7.2 and how to verify /proc folder is proper or croupted? Thank in advance Bache Gowda (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
7 Replies

7. Programming

Need Of Proc*c/c++ Compiler

1. Software Requirments For Pro*c/c++ , 2. Need Pro* C/c++ Compiler, 3. Documents For Installing Proc* C Compiler (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: contactmadhuin
3 Replies

8. Programming

Need help ! SQL and Proc *C

:) hi all ! Please help me When I select data from oracle with proc * C prog. I count the number of rows For example the total rows is 1000000 but the number of result return is a limit number 5000 for ex So How can I know this limit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding /proc

If you are adding the kernel module without any module parameter passing, it should print out following information to info1 file so that user can make read access to info1 file (via, for example, cat /proc/info1): • Processor type • Kernel version • Total number of the processes currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar.huded
1 Replies
Tcl_CreateCloseHandler(3)				      Tcl Library Procedures					 Tcl_CreateCloseHandler(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_CreateCloseHandler, Tcl_DeleteCloseHandler - arrange for callbacks when channels are closed SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> void Tcl_CreateCloseHandler(channel, proc, clientData) void Tcl_DeleteCloseHandler(channel, proc, clientData) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Channel channel (in) The channel for which to create or delete a close callback. Tcl_CloseProc *proc (in) The procedure to call as the callback. ClientData clientData (in) Arbitrary one-word value to pass to proc. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_CreateCloseHandler arranges for proc to be called when channel is closed with Tcl_Close or Tcl_UnregisterChannel, or using the Tcl close command. Proc should match the following prototype: typedef void Tcl_CloseProc( ClientData clientData); The clientData is the same as the value provided in the call to Tcl_CreateCloseHandler. Tcl_DeleteCloseHandler removes a close callback for channel. The proc and clientData identify which close callback to remove; Tcl_Delete- CloseHandler does nothing if its proc and clientData arguments do not match the proc and clientData for a close handler for channel. SEE ALSO
close(n), Tcl_Close(3), Tcl_UnregisterChannel(3) KEYWORDS
callback, channel closing Tcl 7.5 Tcl_CreateCloseHandler(3)