Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail Post 32211 by b5fnpct on Wednesday 20th of November 2002 11:32:05 AM
Old 11-20-2002
Network can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus,

I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server:
It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8.
Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null

Version 8.8.8+Sun
Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET
NETUNIX NIS NISPLUS QUEUE SCANF SMTP XDEBUG

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
(short domain name) $w = my_server
(canonical domain name) $j = my_server.my_companydomain.com
(subdomain name) $m = my_companydomain.com
(node name) $k = my_server

ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>

When I ran "mailx/mail" , it gave me " User Unknown" error and save my message into a dead.letter. Can somebody tell me what do I need to change in my sendmail.cf file? My only purpose is trying to send file in this server to somebody in my company's e-mail account.

Message from syslog:

Nov 19 13:48:07 my_server sendmail[9885]: NAA09885: to=somebody@my_company.com, delay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, stat=queued

Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send mail to any user (@hotmail,@yahoo etc) from Solaris

Hi All, I am new to unix. I want to know what are the steps to do in order to configure a unix server (Solaris 8) to send mails to the outside world. I also want to send attachments in the mail. Thanks in advance Zing (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to send mail form unix to other mail accounts.

Using Mailx command i.e mailx -s "subject" chinni@hotmail.com < \tmp\chin this command executed sucessfully but not able to receive the mail in chinni@hotmail.com please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

[Solved] How do I configure Unix Mail Server to use another Mail Exchange Server

We have configured our mail unix server and can send out emails automatically from applications running on unix to different people in our company as well as outside our company. However there is an outside client who is not receiving these emails because the settings on their mail server cannot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail using PHP mail function On apache server.?

Hello, I am using centos-6.2 I have apache server,php5 on my system and I want to send mail using sendmail on my system. when I try to send mail from shell that time mail is succesfully sent to respective address() but when I try to send it through webbrowser I am not able to send it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kiran ursal
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to send mail on my company's account but gmail in Linux 6.8

On Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8. I am to get the email from my LINUX box on gmail account but it fails on company domain. getting status=sent for gmail. BUT getting below error for company domain: status=bounced #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <root@xxxx.com> does not exist... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemrafikhan
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
MAILSTATS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MAILSTATS(8)

NAME
mailstats - display mail statistics SYNOPSIS
mailstats [-c] [-o] [-p] [-P] [-C cffile] [-f stfile] DESCRIPTION
The mailstats utility displays the current mail statistics. First, the time at which statistics started being kept is displayed, in the format specified by ctime(3). Then, the statistics for each mailer are displayed on a single line, each with the following white space separated fields: M The mailer number. msgsfr Number of messages from the mailer. bytes_from Kbytes from the mailer. msgsto Number of messages to the mailer. bytes_to Kbytes to the mailer. msgsrej Number of messages rejected. msgsdis Number of messages discarded. msgsqur Number of messages quarantined. Mailer The name of the mailer. After this display, a line totaling the values for all of the mailers is displayed (preceded with a ``T''), separated from the previous information by a line containing only equals (``='') characters. Another line preceded with a ``C'' lists the number of TCP connections. The options are as follows: -C Read the specified file instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -c Try to use submit.cf instead of the default sendmail configuration file. -f Read the specified statistics file instead of the statistics file specified in the sendmail configuration file. -P Output information in program-readable mode without clearing statistics. -p Output information in program-readable mode and clear statistics. -o Don't display the name of the mailer in the output. The mailstats utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf The default sendmail configuration file. /etc/mail/statistics The default sendmail statistics file. SEE ALSO
mailq(1), sendmail(8) $Date: 2002/06/27 22:47:29 $ MAILSTATS(8)