Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How do I connect windows xp to Linux Red hat unix Post 32039 by TRUEST on Sunday 17th of November 2002 11:38:06 PM
Old 11-18-2002
thanks everyone for helping me out

now, i have found the very perfect way of connectingmy system to the linux operating system thru windows xp. i downloaded a software and this software made it possible for me to access and fully run my Linux red hat system without having to reboot. in other words, i can access linux through windows by simply clicking on an icon. this is perfectly fits my needs.

please, anyone of you that knows something about analyzing core files, reply to the thread i made about it. thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX, LINUX, RED HAT What it all about

Im new the the whole Unix OS. I would like a breif description of the whole concept. I have heard it is open source so anyone can get the source code? Is this correct. Also is linux, Unix, Redhat all the same program just different versions. Also I have a 486 200 MHZ computer I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seanstog
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix commands in linux-red hat

hi, can i have a unix like environment where i can do things like chmod, shell scripts and etc.. in redhat instead of the GUI that redhat ofters? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need to install red hat linux on existing windows vista OS as dual boot

HI ALL, I need to install linux on already existing windows vista OS. I tried to install linux,am getting error while creating patitions, i)selected manula patition with grude option.. after that when i m selecting free space to create mount points, its giving error "could not allocate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

tool for migration from HP Tru64 UNIX to Linux Red Hat 5

Hi, We are going to migrate our Dataware House system from HP Tru64 UNIX to Red Hat Linux 5. There are more than 500 shell scripts which are written in ksh. The schedule is very tight. So, I want to learn whether there is a tool that can help us find the incompatible shell scripts in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franksubramania
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

connect Xwin by xdmp in red hat linux

I use redhat linux enterprise 4 , I setup and enable the xdmp already. I want to use XMing in window XP to connect to x server in this red hat linux and start the x-window . But I fail as it is no response from red hatl inux and time out ... Please advice what I need to do in the linux OS ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

File transfer from Red Hat Linux to Windows 7

My assignment is to use C++ to generate a table of values for the U.S. standard atmosphere, when data at sea level are given, which i have done perfectly. Now, i am attempting to create a matlab script to read and plot the data. I forgot to put my table of data on my thumb drive yesterday, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ds7202
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Unable to connect to oracle in red hat linux

Hi Gurus, I have installed the oracle xpress 10g edition in my red hat linux and saw the message that it has been installed successfully ,but after that I started the database by going through application->database->start database and after that i open the sql prumt but when i tried to connect... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay.login
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripts migration from HP-Unix 11 to Red Hat Linux

We are changing our OS from HP-Unix 11 to Linux Red Hat. We have few k- shell, c - shell and sql scripts which are currently running under HP-Unix 11. Will these scripts work on LINUX as it is? or we need to do any code changes?IS there anyone who have done this kind of migration before?Thanks for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phoenix2
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unix services for windows & Linux\Red Hat

I am not too familiar with linux, so please keep that in mind while reading this post. We have a few linux servers joined to the domain, and linux services for windows running. I have a user that can connect to one linux server, but not another. I ran the cat /etc/passwrd and noticed the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcatcha
0 Replies

10. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies
UUIDD(8)						       System Administration							  UUIDD(8)

NAME
uuidd - UUID generation daemon SYNOPSIS
uuidd [options] DESCRIPTION
The uuidd daemon is used by the UUID library to generate universally unique identifiers (UUIDs), especially time-based UUIDs, in a secure and guaranteed-unique fashion, even in the face of large numbers of threads running on different CPUs trying to grab UUIDs. OPTIONS
-d, --debug Run uuidd in debugging mode. This prevents uuidd from running as a daemon. -F, --no-fork Do not daemonize using a double-fork. -k, --kill If currently a uuidd daemon is running, kill it. -n, --uuids number When issuing a test request to a running uuidd, request a bulk response of number UUIDs. -P, --no-pid Do not create a pid file. -p, --pid path Specify the pathname where the pid file should be written. By default, the pid file is written to /run/uuidd/uuidd.pid. -q, --quiet Suppress some failure messages. -r, --random Test uuidd by trying to connect to a running uuidd daemon and request it to return a random-based UUID. -S, --socket-activation Do not create a socket but instead expect it to be provided by the calling process. This implies --no-fork and --no-pid. This option is intended to be used only with systemd(1). It needs to be enabled with a configure option. -s, --socket path Make uuidd use this pathname for the unix-domain socket. By default, the pathname used is /run/uuidd/request. This option is pri- marily for debugging purposes, since the pathname is hard-coded in the libuuid library. -T, --timeout number Make uuidd exit after number seconds of inactivity. -t, --time Test uuidd by trying to connect to a running uuidd daemon and request it to return a time-based UUID. -V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Display help screen and exit. EXAMPLE
Start up a daemon, print 42 random keys, and then stop the daemon: uuidd -p /tmp/uuidd.pid -s /tmp/uuidd.socket uuidd -d -r -n 42 -s /tmp/uuidd.socket uuidd -d -k -s /tmp/uuidd.socket AUTHOR
The uuidd daemon was written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuidgen(1) AVAILABILITY
The uuidd daemon is part of the util-linux package and is available from the Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux July 2014 UUIDD(8)