Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: *.tgz file on WinXP
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions *.tgz file on WinXP Post 31978 by Dark Chrono on Friday 15th of November 2002 04:12:51 PM
Old 11-15-2002
Also, you can use WinRAR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .tgz files

hi all How to unzip .tgz files waiting for suggestions Praful (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do you install text.tgz

need to know how to install the text.tgz i have already downloaded it and need to know the commands to get it set up thank sting34:confused: :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sting34
2 Replies

3. Programming

Looking for baseqrts tgz

Hi, I have searched google and some ftp, but I couldn't find it. If you have this source or know where I can download it, please send it to me or leave a message, thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file.tgz.1of2 & file.tgz.2of2

Hi all, Need help. Anybody seen this kind of file before? file.tgz.1of2 file.tgz.2of2 how to extract this tgz file? Any help? Tq (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeedwolf
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to grep/read a file inside compressed tgz without extract?

Hi all, I would like to ask whether in Unix shell/perl have any functions or command to allow grep/cat/read a file inside compressed .tgz without extract it? I know we can tar tvf a compressed tgz but this only allow we read the path/filename contained inside the tarball. If we want to read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayshy
3 Replies

6. AIX

Unable to gunzip .tgz file in AIX6.1

Hi guys, This is my 1st post here. I tried to Google around but failed to get my solution. So I hope you guys could help me. (I have just a basic unix background for 2years so I'm sorry if im asking stupid questions) OS - Aix 6.1, 64 bits. Server - currently I only have telnet access to a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilotHans
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move files to existing .tgz file?

Hi, I have already created the tar files. which consist of some log files and Audit.csv plz see the below code for that ================================================ tar -Pczf ARCH/${arc_date}.tgz $LOG/*.log $REYE/CEP/FiAdapter/Audit.${arc_date}.csv ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create tgz file for all the directories in one time?

Hi, On server there is an one folder . which contains sub folder Eg - TEST folder contains test1, test2, execr ,tt (folder). also includes some text file like abc.txt psp.txt gg.log. here iwant to create tgz file for all the folders and file in one time. I know the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create .tgz file without creating .tar file?

Hi, Could anyone help me in providing command to generate .tgz file without creating .tar file? currently i am using below command for doing the same but if tar file has big size and there is no space in drive then tgz file will not be generated. I want to generate tgz file directly without... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pawan Kumar
4 Replies

10. AIX

How to install .tar.tgz file in AIX 6.1?

Hello, I have openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.tgz file which I have downloaded from https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/reg/download.do?source=aixbp&S_PKG=openssl siteThe website says that the file name is openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.z but when downloaded I get openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.tgz as the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies
BOOTCHART(1)						      General Commands Manual						      BOOTCHART(1)

NAME
bootchart - render a chart from the statistical data recorded with bootchartd SYNOPSIS
bootchart [-f|--format FORMAT] [-n|--no-prune] [-o|--output-dir DIR] files ... DESCRIPTION
bootchart is used to process the log file created by bootchartd(1) (/var/log/bootchart.tgz by default). bootchart builds the process tree and renders a performance chart in different formats. The chart may then be analyzed to examine process dependency and overall resource utilization. OPTIONS
-f,--format FORMAT Sets the format of the image. Possible values are: png, eps, svg (default) -h, --help Display brief usage message. -n, --no-prune Do not prune the process tree. To make the resulting process tree more comprehensible, bootchart will prune the tree using various techniques (removing short-lived processes, merging processes, etc.). This option disables such behavior. -o, --output-dir DIR Sets the output directory for the resulting image. (default: .) -v, --version Show program version. FILES
/var/log/bootchart.tgz the default log file to parse (unless otherwise specified). SEE ALSO
bootchartd(1) AUTHOR
bootchart was written by Ziga Mahkovec <ziga.mahkovec@klika.si>. This manual page was written by Jorg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2006-03-05 BOOTCHART(1)