Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multi-file multi-edit
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers multi-file multi-edit Post 3192 by alwayslearningunix on Tuesday 26th of June 2001 08:54:14 AM
Old 06-26-2001
Find will search recursively down from the path that you specify, but you may want to change the syntax of your find command in your for loop to:

`find /path/to/search -name "*".txt`

This will search recursively down that path to find all *.txt files, and find should not complain of a missing conjunction Smilie

Hope this helps.

Regards.
alwayslearningunix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Multi booting file systems

Hi all, I'm trying to get Mandrake 9.0, XP & 2K happening on the same machine. I've been reading about osl 2000 (bootmanager) and it says I should convert my Windows (currently ntfs) to fat 32 "if possible". Why? Also, when I connect the linux drive my machine boots straight to Mandrake - no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onestepto
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multi User Multi Task

Dear Experts Why we always hear that unix operating system is Multi User and Multi task. What does these two means. I have looked at some books and documents but couldn't find aclear explenation. Can we say Windows operating system is also multi user and multi task?? Thanks for your help in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multi file editing in vi

Hi all Some yeras ago (1994) I had a utility that bundled up multiple files into a big file with a seperator lines. Automatically loaded this temp file into vi - which allowed you to edit all the files. then when you :wq or ZZ vi it saved all the files bak to their appropriate file names and got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricl999
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi File processing

Hello, I have 2 csv files: File1: Name,year,organization Jim,2007,Org1 Bob,1999,Org3 Chris,2001,Org2 File2: DocumentName,DocumentTitle,organization,year Test1,Test1,Org1,2007 Test2,Test2,Org2,2008 Test3,Test3,Org3,2009 Using the ksh, I'm reading by line and grabbing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-copying a file

Hello there, I am writting a scrip with in shell (#!/bin/sh) and I need to copy 5 times the same file into different names: cp xsec.1.11 xsec.1.12 cp xsec.1.11 xsec.1.13 cp xsec.1.11 xsec.1.14 cp xsec.1.11 xsec.1.15 cp xsec.1.11 xsec.1.16 and I have to do that for several file.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse Multi-Section Configuration File

Hello all, Sample configuration file: username = root password = admin IpAddress = 192.168.2.90 HttpCommand = /getfile?hello.jpg Username = root2 Password = admin2 Passive = no Host = 192.168.1.100 Path = /uploads Username = root3 Password = adming Passive = no Host =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line filtering based on multi-line pattern in a file

I have a file with data records separated by multiple equals signs, as below. ========== RECORD 1 ========== RECORD 2 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 3 ========== RECORD 4 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 5 DATA LINE ========== I need to filter out all data from this file where the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

9. Programming

Multi head/multi window hello world

I am trying to write a large X app. I have successfully modified my xorg.conf to setup 4 monitors on an NVIDIA Quatro5200. I am trying to modify a simple hello world application to open a window on three of the four monitors. depending on the changes to loop the window creation section and event... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: advorak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies
DtEditorFind(library call)												DtEditorFind(library call)

NAME
DtEditorFind -- search for the next occurrence of a string in a DtEditor widget SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Editor.h> Boolean DtEditorFind( Widget widget, char *find); DESCRIPTION
The DtEditorFind function searches for the next occurrence (relative to the insertion cursor) of a string. The string is either the last find string value specified in the Find/Change dialog (see DtEditorInvokeFindChangeDialog(3)) or is passed in as an argument. The widget argument specifies the DtEditor widget ID. The find argument specifies the string to search for. If find is NULL, DtEditorFind uses the last string specified in the Find field of the Find/Change dialog. If the string is not found by the time the end of the document is reached, the search continues at the beginning of the document, stopping at the character before the insertion cursor. For a complete definition of the DtEditor widget and its associated resources, see DtEditor(3). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtEditorFind function returns True if the search string was found; otherwise, it returns False. SEE ALSO
Dt/Editor.h - DtEditor(5), DtEditor(3), DtEditorChange(3), DtEditorInvokeFindChangeDialog(3). DtEditorFind(library call)