Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating a batch file.
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Creating a batch file. Post 3189 by spotanddot on Tuesday 26th of June 2001 08:16:34 AM
Old 06-26-2001
Question Creating a batch file.

I'm very new to unix and for the most part make my way around but I need to know how to create a batch file that can be ran at scheduled time. The main function of the file will be to copy files to different locations then FTP to a different server. Please help. I you have an example that would be great.

Thanks,
Mike

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

batch file

my requirment is i have to call a batch file from a c++ program that batch file is called with the argument as print.txt print.txt is a text file which should get printed on printer (any printer) when a batch file call is made 1) how to call a batch file in c++ 2) how to print the text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

2. Programming

batch file

what is a command to call a batch file from a c++ program when called with the argument which is a text file, then how to print that text file on a printer. please help me with code if possible (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rename the file in batch

In my dir there are files like a.xml b.xml abnc.xml 12.abc.xml 12.anc.sfoioi.xml I need to remove .xml from all the files Is there any direct way without using any for/do loop Right now i am using for file in * do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh for creating batch file....?

hi to aLL... I'm just new here in the forum...anyway, im currently using /bin/sh for creating some batch file or scripts...it's just the same...anyway, is it advisable to use it in creating batch file....? thanks... :p (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: m0njasper
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Creating a batch file..

Hello, this is my first post and i hope you can solve my problem. I need to create a batch file that will copy folder from hard drive on to usb stick on daily basis. Can you help me and write that file and explaine me what to do next. Folder's location is: c\windows\desktop\2009 Thank... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hule
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch file to remove double quotes from a file

Hi I have to create a windows batch file which will read an input file and remove "double quotes" from each line of the file. For eg.If input file name is abcd.csv and contents is : "asasd,123123,213213,asd" "esfrf,dsfsdf,234324,sdfsdf" Then the batch file should remove "" from the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

batch file

Hi all I am using tru64 Unix and I want a ready batch file which makes me to change all user passwords at the same time ,instead of changing everyone separately. Please could anyone help me to do that. bye. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedbashir
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file in batch

Hi guys, I need a script to change the file names e.g.:- below are the mentioned files, i want t0 change the last character of the name 00000.cdr with e.g bep01.smsc.191214210500-00000.cdr to bep01.smsc.191214210500-92311.cdr next file be like bep01.smsc.191214210500-92312.cdr # ls -ltr... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfaizan40
9 Replies
SOUNDCONVERTER(1)						GNOME User's Manual						 SOUNDCONVERTER(1)

NAME
soundconverter - convert sound files to other formats SYNOPSIS
soundconverter [options] [file...] DESCRIPTION
soundconverter is a simple tool for converting sound files to other formats. It can work from the command line, but is really meant for interactive use in the GNOME environment. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print out a usage summary. -b, --batch Convert in batch mode, from command line, without a graphical user interface. You can use this from, say, shell scripts. -m, --mime-type arg Set the output MIME type for batch mode. The default is audio/x-vorbis. Note that you probably want to set the output suffix as well. -q, --quiet Be quiet. Don't write normal output, only errors. -d, --debug Print additional debug information. -s, --suffix arg Set the output filename suffix for batch mode. The default is .ogg. Note that the suffix does not affect the output MIME type. -t, --tags Show tags for input files instead of converting them. This indicates command line batch mode and disables the graphical user inter- face. -j, --jobs= Force number of concurent conversions. Default is one per present CPU. AUTHOR
Lars Wirzenius (liw@iki.fi). Gautier Portet (kassoulet@gmail.com) Uwe Bugla (uwe.bugla@gmx.de). GNOME
2009-06-10 SOUNDCONVERTER(1)