Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers creating a new driver for HP-UX Post 31867 by Perderabo on Thursday 14th of November 2002 10:06:22 AM
Old 11-14-2002
A graphics card driver may be a little too ambitious for a "Unix beginner". Still, I would start with some documentation...

HP-UX 11.00 Driver Development Guide

HP-UX 11.00 Driver Development Reference

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

To Driver

Driver, Are you an admin? I got banned from the board two times! Is this authorized? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Computekwes
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GXT130P driver

I am looking for gxt130p driver for aix 4.2.1. Where IŽll can find it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mrsstar
1 Replies

3. AIX

Finding FC Driver

Hello all, I am trying to figure out what command I can use in AIX in order to find out the driver level for a Fibre Channel adapter. Generically I am able to use "lscfg" to get the details but I am unable to read the output correctly. Can you help? Many thanks, -- output -- lscfg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monotone
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

epson driver

:confused: I want to install epson LQ1150 printer on a unix system ,epson doesnt have a unixdriver provided with it,which comptible driver would support the printer with unix (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: athais
0 Replies

5. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

6. Linux

Query about creating sysfs directory under device driver

Hi all, Currently i am involved in developing a device driver for a custom hardware. My linux stack already has the sysfs directory structure /sys/class/hwmon/ My need is that, while loading my device driver i need to create a "xyz" sysfs directory inside hwmon sysfs directory as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbalu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd

Help, suspect hacked via serial or electric! any ideas on error "Pid:1, comm:swapper Tainted:G W 2.6.35-22 generic #33 -unbutu device = "(null)" or unknown-blocklist(8.1) please append a correct "root"boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryclear
3 Replies

9. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies
GTP(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    GTP(4)

NAME
gtp -- Gemtek PCI FM radio device SYNOPSIS
gtp* at pci? flags 0x00 radio* at gtp? DESCRIPTION
The gtp driver provides support for the Gemtek PCI and Guillemot MaxiRadio FM2000 FM radio tuners. The Gemtek PCI cards are stereo FM tuners that can tune in the range 87.5 - 108.0 MHz, report signal status and stereo/mono on the current frequency, force audio output to mono, perform hardware signal search, and have an internal AFC. The card is based on the TEA5757 chip; see radio(4) for details. The flags control the driver behavior. For example, with flags 0x01 the driver will assume that a TEA5759 chip is used. SEE ALSO
intro(4), pci(4), radio(4), radio(9) HISTORY
The gtp device driver appeared in OpenBSD 3.2 and subsequently in NetBSD 1.6 wherein it replaced the mr(4) driver. AUTHORS
The gtp driver and the man page was written by Vladimir Popov <jumbo@narod.ru>. BUGS
It is impossible to determine which frequency the card is tuned to. Thus, the driver will report an internally stored value even if it is not correct (changed by some program that uses direct port access). BSD
March 26, 2011 BSD