Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Big and Little Endian
Top Forums Programming Big and Little Endian Post 31695 by Perderabo on Tuesday 12th of November 2002 09:57:03 AM
Old 11-12-2002
With traditional sockets in a TCP/IP environment, we would use some macros. You can see the macros by typing "man htons". But they only do integers. And they don't do 64 bit. Still, they do work and they are very efficient. I have never used Sun'S XDR, but it is another choice.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX endian again

Hi all I know AIX is big-endian machine.But does it read bytes in normal way from LSB. Does it happen in some machine that at multi-byte integer level it is Little-endian and while reading a single byte it is Big-Endian. This is urgent Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shobhit
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to view a big file(143M big)

1 . Thanks everyone who read the post first. 2 . I have a log file which size is 143M , I can not use vi open it .I can not use xedit open it too. How to view it ? If I want to view 200-300 ,how can I implement it 3 . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Endian Conversion

Hi everybody, I met this week a problem. For now, we used TRU64 system based on alpha. Now, we're installing UP-UX systems (on Itanium). And we have problem with our files. Indeed, we use file with COMP-3, COMP-5 data. These files are used on both platforms. (we use also TXT files which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigmike59270
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Little Endiean and Big Endian

Dear Friends, I have one question in my mind. That question is "how to detect whether the system is little endiean or big endian" Processing the bit position is the difference between this endians. But I could not understand how to find the pariticular sytem works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal Babu
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Migrating Oracle from Big Endian to Little Endian Platorm

Hi, We are trying to migrate an oracle database from Sun Solaris (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-28 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60) to Linux 2.6.18-53.1.19.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 22 03:01:10 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux which is basically a Big Endian to Little Endian conversion. We shutdown... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
3 Replies

6. Solaris

question about the little-endian in sparc

hi folks, in the sparc v9 manul , it says it is possible to access the memory data in little-endian mode, but there is only privilaged instruction that could set the PSTATE ( the cle bit ) regist. if I'm in the user mode , is it possible for me to access the data in little-endian mode? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerocool_08
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How big is too big a config.log file?

I have a 5000 line config.log file with several "maybe" errors. Any reccomendations on finding solvable problems? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Endian vs pfsense??

Hi Endian firewall free version if we do compare pfsense For a LAN network with active user 1000 Which do you recommend Share (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
0 Replies
Crypt::DES_EDE3(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Crypt::DES_EDE3(3pm)

NAME
Crypt::DES_EDE3 - Triple-DES EDE encryption/decryption SYNOPSIS
use Crypt::DES_EDE3; my $ede3 = Crypt::DES_EDE3->new($key); $ede3->encrypt($block); DESCRIPTION
Crypt::DES_EDE3 implements DES-EDE3 encryption. This is triple-DES encryption where an encrypt operation is encrypt-decrypt-encrypt, and decrypt is decrypt-encrypt-decrypt. This implementation uses Crypt::DES to do its dirty DES work, and simply provides a wrapper around that module: setting up the individual DES ciphers, initializing the keys, and performing the encryption/decryption steps. DES-EDE3 encryption requires a key size of 24 bytes. You're probably best off not using this module directly, as the encrypt and decrypt methods expect 8-octet blocks. You might want to use the module in conjunction with Crypt::CBC, for example. This would be DES-EDE3-CBC, or triple-DES in outer CBC mode. USAGE
$ede3 = Crypt::DES_EDE3->new($key) Creates a new Crypt::DES_EDE3 object (really, a collection of three DES ciphers), and initializes each cipher with part of $key, which should be at least 24 bytes. If it's longer than 24 bytes, the extra bytes will be ignored. Returns the new object. $ede3->encrypt($block) Encrypts an 8-byte block of data $block using the three DES ciphers in an encrypt-decrypt-encrypt operation. Returns the encrypted block. $ede3->decrypt($block) Decrypts an 8-byte block of data $block using the three DES ciphers in a decrypt-encrypt-decrypt operation. Returns the decrypted block. $ede3->blocksize Returns the block size(8). $ede3->keysize Returns the key size(24). LICENSE
Crypt::DES_EDE3 is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHTS Crypt::DES_EDE3 is Copyright 2001 Benjamin Trott, ben@rhumba.pair.com. All rights reserved. perl v5.8.8 2001-09-15 Crypt::DES_EDE3(3pm)