Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DHCP Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers DHCP Problem Post 31673 by Neo on Monday 11th of November 2002 08:40:04 PM
Old 11-11-2002
Did you manually configure the interface (with ifconfig) and successfully ping the DHCP server (with your current config) ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Dhcp

Hello all, I have this Intel Pentium 233/128 running Solaris 8. I also have a dhcp/router/dns running SuSElinux 7.2.(Sorry if it is out of topic here) My problem is that the Solaris box when it tries to configure the interface (elxl0) via dhcp it fails. It appears, according to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdevarie
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP Problem

OS RHEL 5.1 After edit config file, daemon dhcpd does not run (( /etc/dhcpd.conf: ddns-update-style none; option domain-name "whitehouse.gov"; option domain-name-servers 10.0.0.1; option ntp-servers 10.0.0.2; default-lease-time 21600; max-lease-time 43200; subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Solaris Virtual Interface Problem in DHCP

Hi all, I am experiencing a problem with dhcp broadcast packages. these broadcast packages are seen on bge1 and bge1:1 interfaces but somehow they are not seen at bge771001 interface which is second virtual interface on the bge1 interface. I have a server on which I configured it as working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironoxide
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

RHEL5 Kickstart NFS & DHCP Problem

I just finished setting up a Kickstart Server for our RHEL 5 installs. It's configured to use the PXE boot and NFS for the installation. Everything works fine when I just build one machine at a time. The installation works from begining to end. But when I try the install three machines at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apfistler
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DHCP problem and eth1 problem

At work I am trying to get this one Linux machine (let's call it ctesgm07) to behave like another Linux machine that we have (let's call it test007). test007 returns the following version info: cat /etc/debian_version: lenny/sid uname -a: Linux test007 2.6.27-7-generic #1 SMP Tue Nov 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sllinux
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on DHCP

Hi All, I am trying to configure dhcp server on a linux host with eth0:1 which is using 192.168.1.10 I also want to restrict my DHCP client to just one Host adcnew222. DHCP Server Host name - adcnew111 DHCP client name - adcnew222 My conf file is as follows on dhcp server : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Problem with script execution from a DHCP event

Hi, I'm installing a DHCPD Server with the packages from a distro SLES11 SP1 (dhcp-server-3.1.1-7.12). And a DNS Server with PowerDNS: pdns-recursor-3.3-1 pdns-static-3.0-1 The DHCP update de DNS Server, but PowerDNS is not RFC 2135 compliant, and I have to update the MySQL register... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bypper
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

DHCP lease problem

Hi frnds I am testing DHCP server on vmware.I have two REDHAT 9 vmware machine.DHCP is installed on one machine and second machine is using as a client .I have configured DHCP with Ip Address ,Mask and Gateway.But client machine is not getting ip address.When i type ifconfig command on client it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

Can't get DHCP IP

Dear Experts, I have a TI DM8148 EVM board REV C, the EZSDK5.05 SW package, and DVRRDK1.09 SW package. EZSDK5.05, DVRRDK1.09 both use Linux2.6.37, however, there are some modifications between these two kernels. When I use uImage of DVRRDK1.09 to boot up EVM board, this board can be given a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oobin168
0 Replies

10. IP Networking

Get DHCP relay interfaces IP address using DHCP

Hi All , please view the set up below: ------------------------------------------------------------------- | DHCP Server |-----------| ROUTER & |-----------| Clients | | 192.168.99.1 | - -<eth1>| DHCP-RELAY|<eth2>-- | 192.168.88.X | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdangoor
2 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)