Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP address and gateway info
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IP address and gateway info Post 3164 by gguzman on Monday 25th of June 2001 01:40:18 PM
Old 06-25-2001
IP address and gateway info

How can I change the IP address and gateway info on a unix server?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying IP Address/Gateway/Subnet in SCO Unix

Hi, I'm new to unix and have absolutely no experience with it. I am trying to change the network setting on the only computer on our network with SCO Unix. We switched ISP's and now have a new set of IP's. I can't for the life of me figure out how to go in and change these settings, please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gateway address

How can I change the gateway address on my sco Openserver 5.0.6. A cisco firewall is recently installed but the gateway on the system is still pointing at the old one. I want it to use the gateway address of the router. Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshokunbi
2 Replies

3. Programming

how we can get gateway address

how we can get the gateway address. i know gethostname used for ipaddress how we can get the system gateway address. thank u inadvance, sree (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Info about Gateway Server

Hi, Q1) What is a gateway server. Q2) In a dataflow diagram I see that two applications (on Server A) pass data to a server XYZ. In the document one application lists the Server XYZ as a gateway server, but the other doesn't talk about it. Both are similar applications i.e. applications in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

6. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default Gateway address question

Hi, Using Redhat 6.1 with all the latest patches. I have the default gateway address but it never gets loaded. I have to add that manually? Not sure. Any idea. Is there any other place which I need to add? /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-em1 DEVICE="em1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to set gateway address to a particular interface?

How to set gateway address to a particular interface? waht are the files need to update to make it permanent? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
TRACEROUTE6(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    TRACEROUTE6(8)

NAME
traceroute6 -- print the route IPv6 packets will take to the destination SYNOPSIS
traceroute6 [-adIlnrv] [-A as_server] [-f firsthop] [-g gateway] [-m hoplimit] [-p port] [-q probes] [-s src] [-w waittime] target [datalen] DESCRIPTION
-A Turn on AS# lookups and use the given server instead of the default. -a Turn on AS# lookups for each hop encountered. -d Debug mode. -f firsthop Specify how many hops to skip in trace. -g gateway Specify intermediate gateway (traceroute6 uses routing header). -I Use ICMP6 ECHO instead of UDP datagrams. -l Print both host hostnames and numeric addresses. Normally traceroute6 prints only hostnames if -n is not specified, and only numeric addresses if -n is specified. -m hoplimit Specify maximum hoplimit. -n Do not resolve numeric address to hostname. -p port Set UDP port number to port. -q probes Set the number of probe per hop count to probes. -r Bypass the normal routing tables and send directly to a host on an attached network. If the host is not on a directly-attached net- work, an error is returned. This option can be used to send probes to a local host through an interface that has no route through it (e.g., after the interface was dropped by route6d(8)). -s src Src specifies the source IPv6 address to be used. -v Be verbose. -w waittime Specify the delay time between probes. EXIT STATUS
The traceroute6 command exits 0 on success, and >0 on errors. SEE ALSO
ping(8), ping6(8), traceroute(8) HISTORY
The traceroute6 command first appeared in WIDE hydrangea IPv6 protocol stack kit. BSD
September 17, 2005 BSD