Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IRIX 6.2 backup procedure
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IRIX 6.2 backup procedure Post 31481 by ecoli69 on Friday 8th of November 2002 09:22:19 AM
Old 11-08-2002
IRIX 6.2 backup procedure

Require help, using the proper procedure to do a backup/restore on an IRIX 6.2 workstation. Fairly new to UNIX and still having difficulty getting a handle on all the procedures to follow. Any help would be appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with IRIX

I have a SGI sys with Irix running on it. Actually i cant see the console login . It just shows a blank blue screen . I can use the mouse though. Also i can remote login into the m/c I am new to SGI . Can anybody help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jai
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Irix

I have an SGI running IRIX 6.5 The prob is when i login as user and open a file , it gives me error as "OUT OF MEMORY" when i su or login as root . THis error disappers I have lot of space in the System . Thanx DPai (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I am looking for a link in IRIX 5.3

I am using IRIX 5.3, When I type "man" in a UNIX text console from any machine on my network, I want to pull out the man pages from the station where they have been installed. Would anyone know the link? I would be so greatfull. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trixee
1 Replies

4. Programming

Irix 5.3

I am using IRIX 5.3, When I type "man" in a UNIX text console from any machine on my network, I want to pull out the man pages from the station where they have been installed. Would anyone know the link? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trixee
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Internet in IRIX

I've got an O2 (R5000 32-bit) running IRIX 6.3. The problem is that my ISP requires me to have a DHCP client and I do not know how to enable it. I've tried via-wizard, but, only have the chance to enable a Static IP address. Does anybody know or can explain me how to enable it manually? :mad: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gastondoval
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PASSLENGTH on Irix

My first post here, and hopefully it will be one of many to come. I am currently running multiple SGI's with different versions of Irix. I have a problem setting the minimum password length for users. I have modified the /etc/default/passwd so that PASSLENGTH = 8 However, it still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herrmag
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IRIX 6.5 newbie

I have had the great fortune to get an sgi octane for free! :D I have managed to get me an OS(IRIX 6.5.19f) but I have some questions that I hope are not too simple to the gurus out there. Before I ask, I build macs and PC's and have had some experience hacking osx into old beige macs, and pcs,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gheem
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba for IRIX 6.5.26

I am not new to unix as a user, but new in setting up a workstation/server. I need to connect to my PC network to share files. I have heard Samba is a good tool, but they do not have a compiled version to download for IRIX. Can someone help me out? Thanks, Orrbit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orrbit
1 Replies

9. Programming

To take a backup of a procedure

Hi All, Can anyone let me know how to take a backup of a procedure in TOAD? For table backup we can use the following query create table newtablename as select * from originaltablename; But the above query wont works for procedure backup since u need to give IN or OUT parameters... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backup for iDevices running iOS4+. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --uuid UUID target specific device by its 40-digit device UUID. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. unback unpack a completed backup in DIRECTORY/_unback_/. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)