Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Logging all commands after a sudo su- Post 31451 by Captain Kirk on Thursday 7th of November 2002 08:08:37 PM
Old 11-07-2002
Re: Logging all commands after a sudo su-

Quote:
Originally posted by linuxmtl
To by pass this, some people initiate the sudo su - command ;
If people can do that then why do they need sudo? I suggest you look at sudoers carefully and set it up correctly so that cannot happen.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo logging + NFS hang?

Hi all, I have two problems, My system is SunOS 5.9: 1- I have installed sudo but I have a problem logging user activities on other hosts, the way I installed it is that I installed sudo and the sudoers file in a shared directory on a NFS server which is mounted by all computers on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neked
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Logging commands and output

I'm looking for a CLI utility that will capture all the commands you type at the Solaris CLI (and their output) into a file. I'm sure it's called "scripter", but I can't find anything on a command called scripter. Does anyone know of a such a command? Your help will be greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

sudo or su logging

Jul 14 08:02:40 servera sshd: Accepted keyboard-interactive/pam for someuser from x.x.x.x port 1406 ssh2 Jul 14 08:02:48 servera su: - 1 someuser-root Jul 14 08:03:03 servera sudo: someuser : TTY=pts/1 ; PWD=/home/someuser ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/su - Jul 14 08:03:03 servera su: + 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Logging shell commands and send it out

Dear friends I'm looking for a solution to log all commands that users do in my RedHat box, and send it out to other remote server, Is there any guide for that Thanks ---------- Post updated at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:47 AM ---------- I can think of something else I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reaky
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging into server and excute commands

hi all, I am new to unix and unix scipting. i need a script to logging into servers and to excute some commands in each server. for eg : I tried with below script ,but cant get the desired o/p. please help with this for i in `cat serverlist` do echo $i ssh $i uname -a ; cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharson
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

change io logging directory sudo 1.7.4p6

There was an update in sudo 1.7.5 : -The I/O log directory may now be specified in the sudoers file. I am stuck using sudo 1.7.4p6. Because it is supported by HP on thier HP-UX builds. Is there a process to change this directory in sudo 1.7.4p6? currently sudo 1.7.4p6's default is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trimike
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo commands list

Hi, Can you please give me a list of commands executed through 'sudo' command, thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

8. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run sudo commands under a script?

Hi, I am new to scripting. I am trying to write a script to ssh one remote machine and run a sudo command. ssh <hostname> sudo -S <command> < ~/pass.txt I am stored my password in pass.txt. I am getting error sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified Please suggest me how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkia9
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Sudo logging need year details also

Hi All I have a requirement in which during sudo logging, I must get the year details also in sudo log file. As below output is not mentioning the year due to this I will not able to idenfiy that this log belong to 2012 or 2011 or 2010 Dec 12 11:30:21 XYZ sudo: user1 : TTY=pts/5 ;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
4 Replies
VIEW-OS(1)						      General Commands Manual							VIEW-OS(1)

NAME
viewsudo - execute a command as another (virtual) user SYNOPSIS
viewsudo [-g groupname|#gid] [-u username|#uid] command DESCRIPTION
viewsudo allows a user to execute a command as the superuser or another user in View-OS. OPTIONS
viewsudo accepts the following command line options: -g group Normally, viewsudo sets the primary group to root. The -g option causes sudo to run the specified command with the primary group set to group. To specify a gid instead of a group name, use #gid. When running commands as a gid, many shells require that the '#' be escaped with a backslash ('[u2019]). If no -u option is specified, the command will be run as the invoking user (not root). In either case, the primary group will be set to group. -u user The -u option causes viewsudo to run the specified command as a user other than root. To specify a uid instead of a user name, use #uid. When running commands as a uid, many shells require that the '#' be escaped with a backslash ('[u2019]). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful execution of a program, the exit status from viewsudo will simply be the exit status of the program that was executed. SEE ALSO
viewsu(1), sudo(1), linux.defs(5) AUTHORS
View-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli. <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/view-os> Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>. NOTE
Most part of the text is taken from sudo(1). VIEW-OS: a process with a view August 8, 2009 VIEW-OS(1)