Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Logging question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Logging question Post 3141 by nucca on Saturday 23rd of June 2001 11:15:49 PM
Old 06-24-2001
Logging question

Is there a log I can go to that will give me the filesystem opeations of all users. I wrote a script to delete some files and I want to make sure none were deleted out of a particular directory.

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

logging

is there a log/ how do i make a log that logs every packet inbound or outbound through my server? I want every packet or packet fragment to be logged that comes to my server. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Fridgerator
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logging when someone changes to su

Is there a file that captures info whenever someone logs to su? i know it comes across as standard output on the server, but is it saved anywhere? Time and date info included?? thanks, kym (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

logging question

Does anyone know if there is any logging of events by the system when running a solaris server? What I'm specifically looking for is to see why a shell stopped. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gillbates
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need more logging

Hi all! On our current Solaris 8 machine we only have "standard" logging configured, and now i need to put on more. What i specificly need is time in the logfiles. Ex. When a user is logging in, when a user makes it self SU. etc. Regards... dOzY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
3 Replies

5. Programming

Logging

Hi How to manage logging in an application. Actually I am developing a Client-Server application in c/c++ and want to manage an optional logging in my application, but since prior I have never done ths activity. Plz guide me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumsin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about logging printer jobs...

Is there anyway for me to run a script or something so when the network printer is activated that it logs the job name and the amount of paper used, then emaisl it to a designated email *Konicapaper@whatever.com*? For example i print job name test Konica and it uses 20 sheets of paper. then i print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corrail
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging into

Hi all Can anyone tell me how to login inot telnet,i heard that it is an interface between unix and windows,if i am wrong please correct me. Thanks in anticipation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

9. AIX

Remote Script command logging question

I've noticed that when running a script that connects to a number of our servers (to essentially run batch commands) that the commands aren't logged in the user's .sh_history or .bash_history files. Is there a place where this is logged (assuming the script itself isn't doing the logging and I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
3 Replies

10. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
xfs_ncheck(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     xfs_ncheck(8)

NAME
xfs_ncheck - generate pathnames from i-numbers for XFS SYNOPSIS
xfs_ncheck [ -i ino ] ... [ -f ] [ -s ] [ -l logdev ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_ncheck with no -i arguments generates an inode number and pathname list of all files on the given filesystem. Names of directory files are followed by /.. The output is not sorted in any particular order. The filesystem to be examined is specified by the device argument, which should be the disk or volume device for the filesystem. Filesystems stored in files can also be checked, using the -f flag. OPTIONS
-f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs -d file option). This might happen if an image copy of a filesystem has been made into an ordinary file. -l logdev Specifies the device where the filesystem's external log resides. Only for those filesystems which use an external log. See the mkfs.xfs -l option, and refer to xfs(5) for a detailed description of the XFS log. -s Limits the report to special files and files with setuserid mode. This option may be used to detect violations of security pol- icy. -i ino Limits the report to only those files whose inode numbers follow. May be given multiple times to select multiple inode numbers. If the filesystem is seriously corrupted, or very busy and looks like it is corrupt, a message of the form that would be generated by xfs_check(8) may appear. xfs_ncheck is only useful with XFS filesystems. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), xfs_check(8), xfs(5). xfs_ncheck(8)