Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: appending files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers appending files Post 31344 by edog on Wednesday 6th of November 2002 10:18:52 AM
Old 11-06-2002
here's what I ended up with thanks for all the input
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

for i in `ls -lrt 0210*.dat|cut -c 55-66`
do
        echo $i
        DATE=`ls -l $i|cut -c 41-48`
        inputfile=$i
        echo $inputfile
        sed 's/$/,'"${DATE}/"  $inputfile >> master.dat
done

added code tags for readability --oombera

Last edited by oombera; 02-18-2004 at 06:59 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

appending strings in the files

I have some files created by a process in UNIX. I wanted to do some file processing: 1. I want to append a string "EOF" as the first word on the last line of all the files except the last file. 2.Similarly, I want to append "BOF" string as the first word to all the files except the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaylak
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending the two files

hi, I want to append to two files into a third file without new line like this: file 1: I am learning the unix file 2: Unix is very intersting When I am trying cat file1 file2 >> file3 I am getting: I am learning the unix Unix is very interesting But I want that to be in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish409
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

appending variable number of files

In a particular path of a server I have number of files.The files are generated every date with a date_mth stap on this.There are different files for different clients. For example in /data1 path i have X_0416_Score Y_0416_Score Z_0417_Score X_0417_Score A_0417_Score If i will run the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a string to all files in a directory

Hi, I will have to append a common string at the beginning of each and every line to all files in the same directory. How do i do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Appending files to a tape drive

I've starting playing with a tape drive for the first time. Its a new one, an IBM Ultrium LTO 4. After initially copying a file to the tape with tar cvf /dev/st0 /root/dummy, all subsequent files appended take an increasing amount of time with tar rvf /dev/st0 /root/dummyX. Is it normal for each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending all files that are in a directory

Hi, This might be a question that has an easy solution but im new to unix. I have a project where I have to append files that are in a directory and then read those files out. can anyone help me this this problem??? thanks in advance, TDS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TDS
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending two files vertically

Hi Need ur help for the below question. I have two files File-1 & File-2. File-1(This is a fixed file i.e. the content of this file is not going to change over a period of time) ------ a b c d e File-2 (This is a file which changes daily but the record count remains the same)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 46019
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending two text files

Hi, i am using unix server and bash shell.. i have two csv files... i have file 1 as below... arun bvb ssx ccc and file 2 as below manas friu dfgg cat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending multiple files

I am trying to append multiple files in a directory cat /a/file1.txt /a/file2.txt /a/file3.txt /a/file4.txt > /a/file.txt Except file2 every other file is appending. I interchanged file names and ran the command. Whatever file repeating in the second position is missing in output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
6 Replies
WMC(1)							      Wine Developers Manual							    WMC(1)

NAME
wrc - Wine Message Compiler SYNOPSIS
wmc [options] [inputfile] DESCRIPTION
wmc compiles messages from inputfile into FormatMessage[AW] compatible format encapsulated in a resourcescript format. wmc outputs the data either in a standard .bin formatted binary file, or can generated inline resource data. wmc takes only one inputfile as argument (see BUGS). The inputfile normally has extension .mc. The messages are read from standard input if no inputfile is given. If the outputfile is not specified with -o, then wmc will write the output to inputfile.{rc,h}. The outputfile is named wmc.tab.{rc,h} if no inputfile was given. OPTIONS
-B x Set output byte-order x={n[ative], l[ittle], b[ig]}. Default is n[ative]. -c Set 'custom-bit' in message-code values. -d NON-FUNCTIONAL; Use decimal values in output -D Set debug flag. This results is a parser trace and a lot of extra messages. -h Print an informative usage message. -H file Write headerfile to file. Default is inputfile.h. -i Inline messagetable(s). This option skips the generation of all .bin files and writes all output into the .rc file. This encoding is parsable with wrc(1). -o file Output to file. Default is inputfile.rc. -u Assume that the inputfile is in unicode. -U Write resource output in unicode formatted messagetable(s). -v Show all supported codepages and languages. -V Print version end exit. -W Enable pedantic warnings. EXTENSIONS
The original syntax is extended to support codepages more smoothly. Normally, codepages are based on the DOS-codepage from the language setting. The original syntax only allows the destination codepage to be set. However, this is not enough for non-DOS systems which do not use unicode source-files. A new keyword Codepages is introduced to set both input and output codepages to anything one wants for each language. The syntax is similar to the other constructs: Codepages '=' '(' language '=' cpin ':' cpout ... ')' The language is the numerical language-ID or the alias set with LanguageNames. The input-codepage cpin and output-codepage cpout are the numerical codepage-IDs. There can be multiple mapping within the definition and the definition may occur more than once. AUTHORS
wmc was written by Bertho A. Stultiens. BUGS
The message compiler should be able to have multiple inputfiles and combine them into one outputfile. This would enable the splitting of languages into separate files. Unicode detection of the input is suboptimal, to say the least. It should recognize byte-order-marks (BOM) and decide what to do. Decimal output is completely lacking. Don't know whether it should be implemented because it is a, well, non-informative format change. It is recognized on the commandline for some form of compatibility. AVAILABILITY
wmc is part of the wine distribution, which is available through WineHQ, the wine development headquarters, at http://www.winehq.org/. SEE ALSO
wine(1), wrc(1) Wine 1.2-rc6 October 2005 WMC(1)