Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers applicatoin cannot started, becos daemon did not run Post 31251 by yls177 on Tuesday 5th of November 2002 12:25:09 AM
Old 11-05-2002
NFS server (pid885@/net) not responding still trying

hi, i am still stuck with the above error.. any help? thanks
yls177

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I would like to know Would you run the ‘identd’ daemon on UNIX servers?

Would you run the ‘identd' daemon on UNIX servers? can you please Explain. thanks in advance! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xoxouu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell script as a daemon

I have simple shell script that I run as cron job every hour of the day. I would like to make it a daemon that runs far more frequently like every 30 seconds or so, but I have never made daemon before. How can I do this? -Sam (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sammy_T
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

Killing child daemon started by parent process

Hi All, Hope this is right area to ask this question. I have a shell script (bash) "wrapper.sh", which contains few simple shell command which executes a "server.sh" (conatins code to execute a java server) as a daemon. Now what I want to kill this "server.sh" so that the server should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jw_amp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a daemon to run in background

I am trying to create a service to always run and monitor a script that has a tendency to hang, we could not find what is causing it to hang so are in the process of completely reprogramming just about everything, however, that will take upto 6 months. So I need to create this to monitor the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukndoit
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run this script as a daemon process

Hi, HI , I have a simple script that moves files from one folder to another folder, I have already done the open-ssh server settings and the script is working fine and is able to transfer the files from one folder to another but right now I myself execute this script by using my creditianls to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nks342
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to run as a daemon

Hi, I have one query that is suppose if I have a script that pick up some files from source folder and put it into destination folder , and I want this script to run after every 1 hour, to make it configurable as per that I have options like crontab and nohup but when I test this script I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nks342
2 Replies

7. AIX

RPC daemon can not be started.

We encounted the following err msg and then use to fix this issue. But before I finish the ipcrm cmd,the AIX systerm was restarted by using . After this,the cicscp cmd failed with the following: I've tried execute it under debug mode,but got no useful information. Who... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger_wen
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

job is started with sshd daemon; wish to know its implementation details

Hello Gurus, In solaris server, one folder say /appl/prod/usr/sendme get files those need to be processed. The script named checkFile.sh can process the each file. This script checkFile.sh is not scheduled in crontab. But whenever file puts in sendme folder, the checkFile.sh is called and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: get_chandrakant
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a bash or shell script run as daemon?

Say i have a simple example: root@server # cat /root/scripts/test.sh while sleep 5 do echo "how are u mate" >> /root/scripts/test.log done root@server # Instead of using rc.local to start or another script to check status, I would like make it as daemon, where i can do the following: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

EVM daemon can't started

Whenever I tried to login as a root the following message is consecutively appearing esmd: System Error: The EVM daemon has failed and cannot be restarted I check the patches which and all previously installed. But those are correctly present. And I replace the evmstop and evmstart script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva3492
0 Replies
UUIDD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  UUIDD(8)

NAME
uuidd - UUID generation daemon SYNOPSIS
uuidd [-d] [-p pidfile] [-s socketpath] [-T timeout] uuidd [-r|-t] [-n number] [-s socketpath] uuidd -k DESCRIPTION
The uuidd daemon is used by the UUID library to generate universally unique identifiers (UUIDs), especially time-based UUIDs, in a secure and guaranteed-unique fashion, even in the face of large numbers of threads running on different CPUs trying to grab UUIDs. OPTIONS
-d Run uuidd in debugging mode. This prevents uuidd from running as a daemon. -k If currently a uuidd daemon is running, kill it. -n number When issuing a test request to a running uuidd, request a bulk response of number UUIDs. -p pidfile Specify the pathname where the pid file should be written. By default, the pid file is written to /var/run/uuidd/uuidd.pid. -s socketpath Specify the pathname used for the unix-domain socket used by uuidd. By default, the pathname used is /var/run/uuidd/request. This is primarily for debugging purposes, since the pathname is hard-coded in the libuuid library. -r Test uuidd by trying to connect to a running uuidd daemon and request it to return a random-based UUID. -t Test uuidd by trying to connect to a running uuidd daemon and request it to return a time-based UUID. -T timeout Specify a timeout for uuidd. If specified, then uuidd will exit after timeout seconds of inactivity. -q Turn on quiet flag. AUTHOR
The uuidd daemon was written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>. AVAILABILITY
uuidd is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuidgen(1) Linux May 2009 UUIDD(8)