Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check if argument passed is an integers Post 31243 by Vishnu on Monday 4th of November 2002 06:30:18 PM
Old 11-04-2002
Ooops!! Thank you, Perderabo for correcting my typo!!...

grep -E should work for elchalateco, he should have tried it on the command line...

Cheers!
Vishnu.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print all argument passed

like i have script with which i have passed arg list :eg: i/p: scriopt1 arg1 arg2 arg3 .... argn o/p: arg1 arg2 arg3 .... argn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check that passed parameters all have the same extension?

$ ls monkey.txt banana.csv tree.txt $ myscript monkey.txt tree.txt All extensions ARE alike. $ myscript *txt All extensions ARE alike. $ myscript monkey.txt banana.csv All extensions are NOT alike. $ myscript * All extensions are NOT alike. My brain has given up; what's the simplest... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs03dmj
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File not recognized when passed as argument

I have the below script in file read_file.ksh if ] || ] then echo "Required one input file" echo "Enter a file to get char count:" read $FILE_NAME if ] then echo "valid file" else echo "Not a valid file." fi When run as read_file.ksh detail.csv or... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if passed arguments is users

i want to check passed arguments one by one and if it is user print home director of that user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: testman84
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for ftp files passed in command line argument

i want to write a shell script function that will ftp the files passed in the command line . i have written a shell script for ftp but how will it do for all files passed in command line argument , i am passing 4 files as argument ./ftp.sh file1 file2 file3 file4 code written by me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable passed as argument

I have a script. #!/bin/sh cur_$1_modify_time=Hello echo "cur_$1_modify_time" When I run like sh /root/script1 jj I expect value "Hello" being assigned to variable "cur_jj_modify_time" and output being "Hello" ie echoing $cur_jj_modify_time But the output comes as # sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep float/integers but skip some integers

Hi, I am working in bash in Mac OSX, I have following 'input.txt' file: <INFO> HypoTestTool: >>> Done running HypoTestInverter on the workspace combined <INFO> HypoTestTool: The computed upper limit is: 11 +/- 1.02651 <INFO> HypoTestTool: expected limit (median) 11 <INFO> HypoTestTool: ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asif Siddique
13 Replies

9. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Read a json file passed as cmd line argument

usage: myscript.sh config.json config.json: { "HOST":"abc", "DB_NM":"xyz", "USR_NM":"asd", "PWD":"xxx", ......... ......... ......... ........ } myscript.sh: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RGRT
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting number of argument passed to a shell script

Hi Experts, I have been trying to work on a simple shell script that will just add the two argument passed to it. Here is what i tried : #!/bin/bash welcome(){ echo "Welcome to this Progg. which will accept two parameter" } main_logic(){ arg=$# echo "Number of argument passed is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)