Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: email@unix.com
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators email@unix.com Post 31129 by The Fridgerator on Friday 1st of November 2002 03:58:20 PM
Old 11-01-2002
why dont you do something like an email forwarding service... so fridge@unix.com would really forward mail to fridge@beer.com (my real account).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

What about the email@unix.com idea?

I remember there was a topic about this idea long time ago. What happened to it? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix email problem please help

Please Help Urgently Currently on our Unix mail system we experiencing the follow: When we send new mail and when replying on email received we get the following error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Backups Sent: 2003/06/03... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: esh
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

5. AIX

UNIX email

Is there a way UNIX can send an email to users when there is a problem in the system or a defunct process that needs to be killed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apdeloss
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email in UNIX

can you tell me what is the syntax if I need to keep someone in cc with the below email. mailx -s "shell script completed successfully" arun@gmail.com < /dev/null (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX email issue

Hi all, I have tried to send an email with the below script. but i am not getting the subject of the email where it is present in the simply.txt. I am using HP UNIX server. I am not sure what mistake i made in the below unix command. any help would be appreciated. cat simply.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Email Alert in UNIX

Hi There I have to wrote a script where I am able to echo a result of an SQL script, however I want to be able to send an email to myself when it is more than 0 (so whenever a value is returned) is this possible? I tried one way from looking on the web but this didn't work, I have added my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS and SSL. Default is TLS. SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.6.53) July 2010 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)