Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed Question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed Question Post 31079 by YS2002 on Thursday 31st of October 2002 04:53:37 PM
Old 10-31-2002
Sed Question

Hi,
Is there any way to traverse the file once and look for the following conditions in one sweep instead of going over the file 3 times with different search criteria......
sed -n '/^ORA-07445/ p' /tmp/t$$ > ${OERRFILE}
sed -n '/^ORA-00600/ p' /tmp/t$$ >> ${OERRFILE}
sed -n '/^Error/ p' /tmp/t$$ >> ${OERRFILE}
Thanks
YS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question (again)

hello there, I have a sed question. I have a file (temp.srv), in it it has v1_host1 v2_host2 And I have another file (temp2.srv), in it is has v1_host3_date v1_host1 v2_host2 v2_host4_date v3_host5_date I had used a script to remove the name from temp2.srv base on the name inside... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahtat99
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

Hi, When deleting lines using sed, as i understand the lines are redirected to the standard output. What i'm unclear about is how to actually modify the file? If I write the command sed '1,2d' test it will display lines one and 2 onto the screen however the file is not modified? I think my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c19h28O2
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

Hi, :) can any body explain the following statement sed 's/\(\)- ]//g' cheers RRK (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

I have a file that conatins following info Policy1=U|guestRoom=test1idCode=5(1):!:Amenity2=U|RoomId=testrma=4(1):!:| GuestRoomAmenity1=U|guestRoomId=testguest1id^rmaCode=5(1):!:| I need it to look like this Policy1=U|guestRoom=test1idCode Amenity2=U|RoomId=testrmaCode... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed question

How would I use sed to print everything on the line after the regular expresion? I have a configuration file setting several variables. cfg.dat DDB = cpptest SUDBNAME = sucpptestdb host = cpptest Example I want to search for the regular expresion 'SUDBNAME =' and print everything on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Question 1. (Don't quite know how to use sed! Thanks)

Write a sed script to extract the year, rank, and stock for the most recent 10 years available in the file top10_mktval.csv, and output in the following format: ------------------------------ YEAR |RANK| STOCK ------------------------------ 2007 | 1 | Exxon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beibeiatNY
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed question

hi i have a file with this line: variable=/export/home/oracle I want to change the file so that the path is replaced with the value of another variable var2=/tmp/anything. how to do this in sed? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed question

I need to replace the numbers with a new string. How can I give a wildcard for the different # of numbers sed '/abcdef/s/abcdef=*/abcdef=999999/'<foo>foo1 From: To: abcdef=1234 abcdef=999999 abcdef=12345 abcdef=999999 abcdef=123456... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: beppler
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED question

I am trying to write a script that will take an input text file in the format person: place: phonenumber; person: place: phonenumber; person: place: phonenumber; ... and output it using sed too: Name ######## Location ######### Phone Number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmack56
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED question

I have the following string: "File Reader" I also have a list of directories: "File Reader (#53)" "CSV Writer (#47)" "Scorer (#22)" I want to search the name of each directory until I find "File Reader". Then, I want the corresponding number to be returned. For example, if I am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xan.amini
7 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.8.0 2002-10-12 Net::DNS::Question(3)