Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: linux - minicom
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers linux - minicom Post 3106 by kickboxer on Thursday 21st of June 2001 11:45:56 PM
Old 06-22-2001
Question linux - minicom

hello. i'm attempting to use minicom in linux, but i'm having some difficulties. When i type in "minicom", the application opens up. It says 'starting minicom/finding modem'(something like that). However, once it actually starts, I can't do anything. No matter what I type in, it doesn't work. --nothing i type in is entered to the screen. When I press CTL-A, nothing happens.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this may be happening. thanks
kickboxer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minicom Scripting

Does anyone have a working minicom script they would care to post as I can't get the scripting working and the scriptdemo and unixlogin sample scripts are on my system either. Thanx, I (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
2 Replies

2. Linux

how to test for serial commonication??(minicom)

I am testing for serial comm.......... I got suggestion of minicom.... but when i fire minicom... then i get the following error... minicom minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults Device /dev/modem access failed: No such file or directory. I am using fedora 6 ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Minicom with VMWare ESX Server

Hello! I have an ESX Server up and running. Now I want to connect a serial device to the COM Port. For that I need the minicom program. When I try "configure - make - make all" I get some errors. Can someone please explain to me, what the problems are: # ./configure checking for a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kickbit
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running scripts in minicom

Hi, I am new to use minicom. I want script to run on minicom with username and password as automated.(Expect). please could anyone suggest the sample code for it. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect minicom

Hi, I am new to using minicom. I want how to write a expect script for minicom login? I wrote a code but its not acting what iam expecting. here I have my code: #!/usr/bin/expect set fd fconfigure $fd spawn -open $fd spawn minicom expect “enter:” send "\n" send "\n" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

minicom works, but stty does not

Hi all, I have some trouble getting stty to talk to some serial/usb converter. Getting minicom to work was however quite simple after I entered the following settings in addition to its standard-setup: pu port /dev/ttyUSB0 pu baudrate 19200 pu bits 8 pu... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa-trick
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little script with minicom

Hi all, i must do a little script that send AT command at ttyUSB3.. for example: Start Minicom: Set serial port ttyUSB3 AT+CREG? if response != OK then do something ...other AT command (open a socket tcp/ip with at comman) Send a file .txt for example. exit minicom. I saw on the... (49 Replies)
Discussion started by: enaud
49 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with minicom script

I'm a fairly new user to Linux based systems and am still a little uncomfortable with using the command interface. I'm trying to get my feet wet but have unfortunately hit a wall and am actually not even sure what I am trying to accomplish is at all possible. Basically, I am trying to use a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrdk00
0 Replies

9. SCO

Minicom

hello is there a copy of minicom or equivalent for unixware 7? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deus-programmer
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alternatives to minicom During Remote Access?

Hey All, I am trying to find something similar to minicom, but it needs the ability to be ran during a remote dialup session on the remote device's side. If I dial into the remote server (*using minicom) and then try to run minicom on the remote server I get the following: # minicom... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
20 Replies
gnokiid(8)							      gnokii								gnokiid(8)

NAME
gnokiid - create a virtual modem for old Nokia mobile phones SYNOPSIS
gnokiid gnokiid [--help|--version|--debug] DESCRIPTION
gnokiid is a tool from the gnokii tool suite used to create a virtual modem device with a Nokia portable telephone. The virtual modem device is usually accessed via a symbolic link called /dev/gnokii (created automatically by mgnokiidev(8)). Please note that you don't need a virtual modem when you have real modem accepting AT Hayes commands (most of the modern phones). gnokiid was written for the phones that supported data transfer but didn't expose AT layer (namely Nokia 6110, 6130, 6150, 5110, 5130). After gnokiid has created the virtual modem, it can be accessed like any other Hayes-compatible modem by such programs as the terminal pro- gram minicom(1) or the PPP daemon pppd(8) to make standard data connections to remote computers. The full range of portable telephone functions (SMS messaging, phone book, operator logos, etc.) are accessed using the command-line pro- gram gnokii(1) or the graphical interface program xgnokii(1x). gnokii is a Linux/Unix tool suite and (eventually) modem/fax driver for Nokia mobile phones, released under the GPL. gnokii supports most phones from the 3810/8110 and 5110/6110 series, details including bugs specific to each series appear in the files Docs/README-3810 and Docs/README-6110 respectively. OPTIONS
If called without any options, gnokiid will set up a virtual modem device using the settings in gnokii(1) config file (if it exists). Oth- erwise, --help print out a short usage message --version print out version, copyright, phone, and serial device info --debug uses STDIN/STDOUT for a virtual modem DIAGNOSTICS
Various error messages are printed to STDERR. BUGS
Hmmm... AUTHOR
Hugh Blemings <hugh at blemings dot org> and Pavel Janik ml. <Pavel.Janik at suse dot cz> are the authors of the gnokii tool suite. This manual page was written by Erik Rossen <rossen at freesurf dot ch>. See also Docs/CREDITS from the gnokii sources. COPYING
This program is distributed under the GNU Public License Version 2, or (at your option) any later version.. SEE ALSO
gnokii, xgnokii, mgnokiidev Erik Rossen May 27, 2001 gnokiid(8)