Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Purge files, keep 3 versions of last 4 days Post 30830 by Perderabo on Monday 28th of October 2002 01:26:47 PM
Old 10-28-2002
What are the files called? Can you keep them in a seperate save directory?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and purge a files in a dir

HI All, I have recuirement to purge the files in a directory . In that directory i an having many sub-directory . When i use find command like find ~/work/test/insert -name "*.*" -mtime +12 it is listing the file not accesed before 12 , It also takes the subdirectories inside the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge files based on timestamp avl in file name

Dear All, I have the followoing requirement.. REQ-1: Suppose I have the following files XX_20070202000101.zip XX_20080223000101.zip XX_20080226000101.zip XX_20080227000101.zip XX_20080228000101.zip XX_20080229000101.zip Suppose sysdate = 29 Feb 2007 I need to delete all files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script preserving last 2 versions of files

I need some help with the logic and syntax for a shell script (ksh) that will search a directory and look for similar files and save only the last two versions. The version number is in the file name. However, the files are of varying name lengths and may have 1 or many files, with no limit to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: synergy_texas
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check the files hourly and purge

I'm new to shell scripting... i have been given a task.. can any one help in this regard.... 1) Check hourly for files in <destination-path><destination-file-template><destination-file-suffix> for files older than <destination-file-retention> days and purge. It should then check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishpabba
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to delete previous versions of files

Hi. I need a script (either bash or perl) that can delete previous versions of files. For instance, from our continuous build process I get directories such as build5_dev_1.21 build5_dev_1.22 build5_dev_1.23 build5_dev_1.24 I need a script that I can run every night (using "at"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbsimon000
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete older versions of unique files

I have directory where new sub directories and files being created every few minutes. The directories are like abc_date, def_date, ghi_date. I am looking to keep the latest 2 unique directories and delete everything else. Here is what I have so far This gives me unique names excluding the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzstore
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge files and archive

Hi Friends, I have an urgent requirement. I have many files huge in size which has occupied almost the entire disk space. The files are not being moved to the archived folder. But at present I need to purge those files, new to shell scripting, not sure how to proceed. Eg. Directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To create a script and schedule which purge 30 days old files

Hi Friends, Very new in Unix and i got a requirement like writing a script and schedule it, so that it removes 30 days old files from all the log locations of a unix box. Suppose i have a unix server ltbamdev1 and in this server i have a mount point opt/bam. In this mount point i have 3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duos
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge X old days files and Print count

Hello All, I am trying to purge X old days of files from directory & Sub directories ./2016-01-13/1500/abc.txt ./2016-01-14/1605/caf.txt ./2016-01-14/1605/caf2.txt ./2016-01-14/1606/eaf.txt ..... ./2017-08-1/1701/ Should also remove directories and sub directories too Expected... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
7 Replies
SYSSTAT(5)							Linux User's Manual							SYSSTAT(5)

NAME
sysstat - sysstat configuration file. DESCRIPTION
This file is read by sa1(8) and sa2(8) shell scripts from the sysstat's set of tools. It consists of a sequence of shell variable assign- ments used to configure sysstat logging. The variables and their meanings are: HISTORY The number of days during which a daily data file or a report should be kept. Data files or reports older than this number of days will be removed by the sa2(8) shell script. COMPRESSAFTER Number of days after which daily data files are to be compressed, either by gzip or bzip2. SADC_OPTIONS Options that should be passed to sadc(8). With these options (see sadc(8) manual page), you can select some additional data which are going to be saved in daily data files. These options are used only when a new data file is created. They will be ignored with an already existing one. FILES
/etc/sysstat/sysstat AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sadc(8), sa1(8), sa2(8) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux SEPTEMBER 2010 SYSSTAT(5)