Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bosboot problem please help!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers bosboot problem please help! Post 3072 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 19th of June 2001 11:55:35 AM
Old 06-19-2001
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root system 3341021 Dec 21 1999 unix_mp

sounds like you have quite a problem there. kinda like that time i ?somehow? managed to do a rm -fr /etc NEVER AGAIN did i make any mistake like that.

restore if you can.

Last edited by Optimus_P; 06-19-2001 at 12:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

bosboot: Boot image is 22995 512 byte blocks.

My mksysb scripts gives the following text on standard error: bosboot: Boot image is 22995 512 byte blocks. How come on a Aix 5200-07 aix-system. I thought this message meant that the tape (/dev/rmt0) is not bootable, but I read about a limit of 12 MB and 22995 block is less than 12 MB ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankwiel
0 Replies

2. AIX

installp -C error: 'bosboot verification failed'

Hi, I'm a noob with AIX, can anybody help me solve this issue I'm stuck with on an 5.3 box. bash# installp -C 0503-409 installp: bosboot verification starting... 0503-497 installp: An error occurred during bosboot verification processing. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebytegrill
4 Replies

3. AIX

has bosboot command changed characteristics of boot image?

hi all i just found one of my p650 server showing a warning message when i tried to run bosboot command after upgrading TL to AIX 530803. i also tried to run chpv -c hdisk0 and chpv -c hdisk1 to clear out the old boot info in hdisk0 and hdisk1 and rerun bosboot -a. it still showed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
0 Replies

4. AIX

bosboot issue

bosboot -ad hdisk0 give the following error .. malloc failed 0301-177 A previous bosdebug command has changed characteristics of this boot image. Use bosdebug -L to display what these changes are. 0301-106 /usr/lib/boot/bin/mkboot_chrp: The malloc call failed for size: 216174592 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b_manu78
1 Replies

5. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

6. AIX

Cannot uninstall powerpath - bosboot issues

Hi Guys, I have a problem while trying to upgrade to more current EMC powerpath software on AIX 5.3 - respectively uninstalling the existing one. I tried to deinstall the powerpath software with removed disks - was working perfectly fine on 12 servers - but number 13 is failing with errors: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

Problem with forwarding emails (SPF problem)

Hi, This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question. I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
0 Replies

8. AIX

bosboot issue

Hi i wanted to know for what reasons, bosboot fails with the error below.? # /usr/sbin/bosboot.dp -a -p /usr/lib/boot/chrp.disk.proto -d /dev/ipldevice dd: 0511-053 The write failed. : There is a request to a device or address that does not exist. 65893+1 records in. 1029+1 records out. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnakul
1 Replies

9. AIX

Problem with bosboot

This is my problem: I couldn't create boot image for hdisk7 test02:/]lspv hdisk2 00c8ac36cfdf99b4 old_rootvg hdisk5 00c8abd6d05f83ca newvg active hdisk6 00c8abd6d4ad141f rootvg active... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies
curs_beep(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions						curs_beep(3CURSES)

NAME
curs_beep, beep, flash - curses bell and screen flash routines SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lcurses [ library ... ] #include <curses.h> int beep(void); int flash(void); DESCRIPTION
The beep() and flash() routines are used to signal the terminal user. The routine beep() sounds the audible alarm on the terminal, if pos- sible; if that is not possible, it flashes the screen (visible bell), if that is possible. The routine flash() flashes the screen, and if that is not possible, sounds the audible signal. If neither signal is possible, nothing happens. Nearly all terminals have an audible sig- nal (bell or beep), but only some can flash the screen. RETURN VALUES
These routines always return OK. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <curses.h> automatically includes the headers <stdio.h> and <unctrl.h>. SunOS 5.10 31 Dec 1996 curs_beep(3CURSES)