Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux user access to packages... Post 30656 by Vishnu on Thursday 24th of October 2002 09:04:29 PM
Old 10-24-2002
Thank you LivinFree!

I want to add the StarOffice menu item to the KDE window manager for the user "vishnu".

While installing as root, incidentally my gui was KDE, so am I restricted to give KDE access of StarOffice to "vishnu"?

Thank you!
Vishnu.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 Packages necessary for Floppy Access

I'm a newbie to Unix, but am working with some people that are more knowledgable than I, and we're all stumped. We are working to secure (Information Assurance) a Command & Control System that uses a Solaris 8 Application server. As part of this process, we are attempting to minimize the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To provide restricted access to certain user's on linux box

Hi, I need to provide execute access to certain users and not to all users For ex: if ther is a file /home/august/aug.sh. and there are user's like jan,feb,mar,april,May and jan is the owner of that box. I need to provide execute access to feb and mar only. I also know the root pwd for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing user access using user id

I have multiple .prm files that contain user ID's. The .prm files reside in multiple directories that allow users access to different areas of the system. (see below) current directory /apps/fourgen/accounting/menu drwxrwxrwx 16 phil infotech 512 Sep 7 2002 apmenu... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
8 Replies

5. Red Hat

Installing Linux packages

hi, I wants to customize the Linux packages after installting the Linux OS... I am not able to install the packages packages in GUI mode System-> Administration->add/remove software.i want to install some desktop and dabase related packages how do i install those packages... I use RHEL6.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Linux Optional Packages

Please forgive but I am new to Linux and still learning. When installing Linux (any flavor) over PXE, it asks if you want to customize which packages to install. Most engineers ask us to install all packages but this entails A LOT of clicking. Is there a way to "select all" packages by using a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svolbruck
3 Replies

7. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux sftp — how to add new user to access exist directory with write permission?

I have built a website and I can access and edit the website'files on server via the root user. The current file and directory structures are not changeable. Now I am hiring a webpage designer to help me re-design some pages, I am going to let the designer edit the files directly on the server. So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwo-g-xw
5 Replies
KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)						 KDE User's Manual						  KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)

NAME
kbuildsycoca4 - Rebuilds the system configuration cache. SYNOPSIS
kbuildsycoca4 [--nosignal | --noincremental | --checkstamps | --nocheckfiles | --global | --menutest | --track menu-id | --help | --help-qt | --help-kde | --help-all | --author | -v, --version | --license] DESCRIPTION
kbuildsycoca4, as part of the KDE command line tools ensures the proper operation of KDE by reading in all the .desktop, .xml, and .proto- col files to construct a binary database. KDE itself accesses this database during operation to provide configuration information a program needs to run. This tool is part of ksycoca4, which stands for KDE System Configuration Cache OPTIONS
--nosignal Do not signal applications to update --noincremental Disable incremental update, re-read everything --checkstamps Check file timestamps --nocheckfiles Disable checking files (dangerous) --global Create global database --menutest Perform menu generation test run only --track menu-id Track menu id for debug purposes --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v , --version Show version information --license Show license information USAGE
A standard way to run this program is by simply specifying the following command at the prompt kbuildsycoca4 FILES
/var/tmp/kde-$USER/ksycoca4 The default directory where the cache files are stored. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
$KDEDIRS Specifies which directories are part of the KDE installations SEE ALSO
kdeinit4 BUGS
There are probably tons of bugs. Use bugs.kde.org: http://bugs.kde.org to report them. AUTHOR
Darian Lanx <content@openprojects.net>. 2010-01-04 KBUILDSYCOCA4(8)