Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mount from unix(3.2. v5.0.5) to Linux rh8 Post 30629 by Kelam_Magnus on Thursday 24th of October 2002 02:44:05 PM
Old 10-24-2002
You need to be running rpcd in order to allow the protocol. Also, make sure that nfsd is running so that your nfs mount will work.

You also need to have the mount point and/or server defined inthe /etc/exports on the master so that the client can "see" it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

RH8.0 firewall WILL NOT turn off

I have been trying to disable the firewall on a new install of RH8(Psyche). It will NOT stay disabled. I've gone thru system tools, security level and disabled it, and it says YES, like it will save my settings, but when i open it up again, it is always back to HIGH. I also tried using the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

2. Linux

RH8 samba won't let users in

when I type smbclient \\\\MYSERVER\\someuser at the prompt, it asks me to log in with the password for that user, and when I put it in, it says NT_USER_LOGIN_FAILURE eveyrtime, while at the linux terminal. When I try to access the server from my windows xp machine it shows up in the workgroup, but... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

3. Linux

Turn off firewall in RH8.0

I'm attempting to turn off the firewall (yes, we are in a secure network, as much as that means nowadays), not open to the internet, however, I can't get the firewall to turn off, it won't allow users to ftp to it, or use a terminal emulator to log in, or telnet. And whenever I try to disable the... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Linux

Mount a harddrive in linux.

Hey people i'm very new to linux. I just put a extra 200 gig maxtor HD in my computer. Linux can tell it's there...but it says it cant mount it. How do i mount it manually? thanks, John (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RKJV
2 Replies

5. Linux

Mount ntfs in linux

How Can I mount Windows NTFS Partation in to Linux ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Deore
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSe Linux Mount

Hi everyone, I am new to Linux and I hope to have some advise. Suppose I have 2 differnt users who require differnt mount drives. When user1 logs in, his required drives are mounted. When user2 logs in, user1's drives are unmounted and user2's drives are mounted. May I know how I can achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viper81
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to mount linux to Solaris

Hi Friends, I am trying following command on my solaris box: mount abchostlinux12:/data1/mount_dir /data/mount_dir OUTPUT: nfs mount: abchostlinux12: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Success nfs mount: retrying: /data/mount_dir After this there is no response on command line. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBatra
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

reading an AIX cpio tape on RH8

Thanks for any insights you might have... I have a RH8 system setup with a DAT drive. I have a AIX tape that was made using cpio. Bottom line is I need to read the AIX tape into the RH box. I was able to do cpio -itv --no-absolute-filenames < /dev/st0 and read the table of contents. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike114327
0 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mount NCR Unix disk on Linux box

Hi all I have an NCR UNIX hard disk I need to mount it on a Linux box The FS Type in fdisk on linux is '63' for the partition How can i mount on my linux box ? what is kernel module i needed ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yasser202
6 Replies

10. HP-UX

Mount problem with Linux

Hello, I want to mount a directory with nfs (v3). Server HP-UX 10.20 Client Centos If I export the path "/tausch" with access control for hosts with the command mount -t nfs <SERVER_HP-UX_IP>:/tausch/ /mnt/mnt_bach2/ /etc/exports: /tausch ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuts
8 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)