Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: calling sqlplus from shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calling sqlplus from shell Post 30627 by RTM on Thursday 24th of October 2002 02:17:35 PM
Old 10-24-2002
Not sure if this will help or not - post your version of Sybase if it does not help you.

Sybase FAQ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files

Hi all, Iam facing a lot of problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files from shell. What is the standard procedures to be taken care. Any help would be useful for me. Thanks in advance, Ganapati. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sqlplus from within a for loop

i'm not new to programming, but i AM new to unix scripting. here's my deal. this works: #!/bin/ksh echo "HELLO" /oracle_home/bin/sqlplus username/password@MYDB<<EOF SELECT COUNT(*) FROM EMPLOYEES; EOF exit echo "GOODBYE" this doesn't: #!/bin/ksh echo "HELLO" for x in 1 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akosz
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sqlplus, read table return etc

I have korn shell scripts. I want to pass a variable to a script which will execute a a sql script to read a table that contains env. variables. I want to read and then somehow export at unix level variables example for every row selected from the table build export command line field1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in calling store procedure using SQLPLUS in unix

Hi, I am facing the following error in calling the stored procedure from SQLPLUS in unix environment. SQL> set serveroutput on SQL> var store number; SQL> exec test_proc(:store, 200); BEGIN TEST_PROC(:store, 200); END; * ERROR at line 1: ORA-01858: a non-numeric character was found... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep7986
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling a unix shell script from sqlplus

I want to execute a shell script from sqlplus prompt and get its output back to sqlplus. Is this possible? if yes just give me an example for doing that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have a UNIX script which will prepare anonymous oracle pl/sql block in a temporary file in run time and passes this file to sqlplus as given below. cat > $v_Input_File 2>>$v_Log << EOF BEGIN EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'ALTER SESSION FORCE PARALLEL DML PARALLEL 16'; EXECUTE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control not returning from Sqlplus to calling UNIX shell script.

Hello All, I have exactly same issue @vikas_trl had in following link: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/259854-control-not-returning-sqlplus-calling-unix-shell-script.html I wonder if he or somebody else could find the issue's cause or the solution. Any help would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoQ
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid $ symbol while calling sqlplus in shellscript.

Hi All, we have requirement, i am created a shell script , inside i am connecting sqlplus and execute the query. below my code for your reference. get_sqlid () { sqlid=$( sqlplus -s $PBDW_USERID/$PBDW_PW@$PBDW_SID <<EOF DEFINE TBLNAME=$1 set feedback off set serverout on size... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KK230689
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SQLPLUS calling Via Script

Hello All, Could you please help me if i am doing anything wrong in below script, especially the sqlplus part performance wise or anything else i could improvise in the script. Thank you. #!/bin/ksh ## Batch Obj Id MP_BCH_OBJ_ID=$1 PASS=$2 partition=$3 ## script dir... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
6 Replies
SYBASE_CONNECT(3)														 SYBASE_CONNECT(3)

sybase_connect - Opens a Sybase server connection

SYNOPSIS
resource sybase_connect ([string $servername], [string $username], [string $password], [string $charset], [string $appname], [bool $new = false]) DESCRIPTION
sybase_connect(3) establishes a connection to a Sybase server. In case a second call is made to sybase_connect(3) with the same arguments, no new link will be established, but instead, the link identi- fier of the already opened link will be returned. The link to the server will be closed as soon as the execution of the script ends, unless it's closed earlier by explicitly calling sybase_close(3). PARAMETERS
o $servername - The servername argument has to be a valid servername that is defined in the 'interfaces' file. o $username - Sybase user name o $password - Password associated with $username. o $charset - Specifies the charset for the connection o $appname - Specifies an appname for the Sybase connection. This allow you to make separate connections in the same script to the same data- base. This may come handy when you have started a transaction in your current connection, and you need to be able to do a separate query which cannot be performed inside this transaction. o $new - Whether to open a new connection or use the existing one. RETURN VALUES
Returns a positive Sybase link identifier on success, or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $new parameter was added. | | | | | 4.2.0 | | | | | | | The $appname parameter was added. | | | | | 4.0.2 | | | | | | | The $charset parameter was added. | | | | +--------+------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 sybase_connect(3) example <?php $link = sybase_connect('SYBASE', '', '') or die("Could not connect !"); echo "Connected successfully"; sybase_close($link); ?> SEE ALSO
sybase_pconnect(3), sybase_close(3). PHP Documentation Group SYBASE_CONNECT(3)