Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers exit unix, but says running jobs Post 30585 by Pennywize on Thursday 24th of October 2002 07:14:53 AM
Old 10-24-2002
Maybe zombis in memory (dead processes, but to be in memory)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running cron jobs

Hi, I'm new to cron and I would like to know if this cron entry looks right. Every monday to friday, at 9:15 AM execute the script called done_att.sh Every monday to friday, at 3:15 PM execute the script called start_att.sh 15 09 * * /u54/jobs/done_att.sh 45 15 * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ted
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

running cron jobs

I would like to add a job using cron. I have following questions - cron jobs are launched using what login-id e.g. is the script launced using my login-id - In which directory would the cron jobs be launched ? - where do the environment variables required in the script being lauched come... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharanbr
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with exit after running jobs in background

I have the following sample script to run a script the jobs with the same priority(in this case field3) in parallel; wait for the jobs to finish and run the next set of jobs in parallel.When all the lines are read exit the script. I have the following script which is doing evrything I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hyennah
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

5. Programming

exit status running java classpath in unix shell

I have a java classpath running inside of a unix shell script. During my testing it will error with lines that show an example like this below. java.io.FileNotFoundException error at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:129), ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmcds
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Batch command, and running jobs in queues.

Hello all, I have a quick question. I work in a computational science laboratory, and we recently got a few mac pros to do molecular optimizations on. However, on our normal supercomputers, there are queue systems, mainly PBS. Anyway, the macs obviously don't have PBS, but I've read about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: corrado33
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at jobs not running

im doing at now <return> touch ~/Desktop/file.txt <ctrl d> and file is never created though it says job 7 at Wed Mar 17 15:15:55 2010 why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running jobs in parallel

I need to process 50 sqlplus scripts which are listed in a text file. I need to develop a shell script that'll read this file and run these sqlplus scripts. At any point of time, the number of sqlplus scripts running shouldn't exceed 6. If any of the sqlplus scripts completes successfully then... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gctex
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Jobs running in a server

Hi, I need to know the jobs running in a server for all users in linux, crontab -l gives for particular user, how ever I need for all users. I have sudo user access. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Efficient UNIX Memory management for Running MapReduce Jobs.

We are trying to set up a single node cloudera hadoop cluster having 16 GB as RAM on linux machine. We are setting up 5.4.2 version. Now when we check statistics post the installation and run the top command we find that only 1 -2 GB is available. when we trigger map reduce sample job - no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketankirange
2 Replies
footprint(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      footprint(1)

NAME
footprint -- gathers memory information about a process or set of processes. SYNOPSIS
footprint -h footprint -proc <process-name> | -pid <pid> [-proc <process-name> | -pid <pid> [...]] [-categories | -regions] [-swapped] [-graphics] [-collapseSharing] [-targetChildren] [-skipIdleExitClean] [-o <output-file-location>] [-i <input-file-location>] DESCRIPTION
footprint provides a summary number and a categorization that describe memory use that most impacts the system. footprint gathers the sum of dirty/anonymous allocations in one or more processes along with their attributable kernel resources (currently KPRVT). Shared allocations only contribute to the footprint once, regardless of the number of times that they are mapped into any number of processes. The "footprint" value represents allocations that will cause the system to page in accommodation. footprint needs to be run as root. It can target multiple processes via multiple instances of the -proc and -pid flags. OPTIONS
-categories Detailed output on a per-VM-region type level (medium detail). -regions Display all memory objects and associated regions that contribute to each category (high detail). -swapped Display swapped bytes information where applicable. -graphics Gather graphics data if available (platform dependent, not tallied into footprint total). -collapseSharing Do not group shared memory output by process. -targetChildren Gather footprint information for the set of processes launched directly or indirectly by the target processes. -skipIdleExitClean Do not gather information on any processes that are ready to be quit on memory pressure. Also applicable after the fact with -i option. OS X
June 28, 2012 OS X